Midas Blenheim got attacked what do I do!

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When lights go out my blenny goes to sleep sometimes on a rock..sometimes on the substrate...he decided to lay on the substrate in his usual corner he was sleeping and the freaking hermit crab clawed his eye !!!!!

I work late on my laptop and his corner is next to me on the couch I heard the hermit crabs shell knocking on the tank...anyway I separated them seen my blenny was extremely stressed I left him be

Next I checked to see where that pesky crab went..it killed my cleaner shrimp omg :mad::mad: checked on Midas today he was still laying and breathing heavy he got up to swim but now laying down again..I don’t know if my little guy will make it our not he is usually the first to pop up and eat

One eye is foggy the other is perfect,the pic of him swimming was before he got injured

9A9B945A-1C47-4803-9063-CC58C49C186D.jpeg 4BA1B7DA-8C53-4825-B03E-AFE661EE9936.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the risk with adding any crab to a tank. The eye could get infected so I recommend treating with any anti bacterial you have on hand. I recommend specifically kanaplex and furan-2

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm... I'm wondering if your fish was sick, I think you have someone else going on. A healthy fish- even sleeping- isnt going to let a hermit crab come and eat their eye. I'd def treat with a medicated food if you can, metroplex or kannaplex with focus, maybe prazipro in the tank afterwards.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back