Midas Blenny Bully

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago we picked up 4 more fish at the LFS. 2 are Firefish and one Midas Blenny. We put them in our 55 gal QT observation tank that has some large pieces of rock but BB. The Midas is very active swimming all around the tank and backing into a rock hole when resting. But occasionally we saw it chasing and nipping at the Firefish. The final straw was when we saw it pin one down in a corner. For fear it would kill one or both I netted out the Midas and put it in the 180 DT. The DT is aquascaped with a lot more passages and hiding spaces plus sand. He still actively swims the whole tank but isn't bothering any of the others. It has a Lawnmower, Cardinal, Foxface, two Clowns and two Skunk Shrimp. I'm hoping that with more room and rockwork, he leaves the Firefish alone but what are the chances ?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 180g the firefish should be fine for their safety. But firefish are extremely timid and total wimps in a tank. Everything seems to bully them and they tend to hide away all the time. Maybe in the 180g, they will be less timid and actually come out so you can enjoy them.

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.. more rock work. I got both of them in my tank.: but honestly the fire fish usually only out for feedings and perhaps a lil here and there. It gets better with time. But then again every fish and tank is different - long as it’s not too bad let it ride out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back