Midas Blenny in 20 gallon long?

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Would a midas blenny work in a 20 gallon long? Ive seen mixed reviews on this. Some say its ok, others say not ok but the ones that so not ok say so for a regular 20 gallon, not a 20 long. they need a 30 gallon on LiveAqiaria, and a 20 long has the same footprint as a 29/30 gallon. plus they perch a lot, so length would matter more right? So i think it'll be ok in a 20 gallon long. what about you guys? what do you think?

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Would a midas blenny work in a 20 gallon long? Ive seen mixed reviews on this. Some say its ok, others say not ok but the ones that so not ok say so for a regular 20 gallon, not a 20 long. they need a 30 gallon on LiveAqiaria, and a 20 long has the same footprint as a 29/30 gallon. plus they perch a lot, so length would matter more right? So i think it'll be ok in a 20 gallon long. what about you guys? what do you think?
Go for it I had 1 in my Fluval Evo 13.5 with no issues

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
ok got it! what other fish did you have in your tank and are you planning on upgrading?
I also had a pair of clownfish blue damsel and a watchman goby. I have already made the upgrade to a dd reef pro 900 just finished cycling but all fish gone back to LFS as I don’t want them in my new tank and the Midas blenny has stayed in the Fluval tank which is now a Frags tank as he’s a pain to catch as he just hide in the crevasses of the rock

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 98 32.2%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 45 14.8%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 87 28.6%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 3.6%
Santa Monica Filtration