Midas Blenny Questions

Nats-Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question #1 Would the Midas blenny go good with this stock in a Nuvo 40?

McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse
Geometric Pygmy perchlet
Variable Jawfish
Rainfords Goby

Question #2 I have heard stories about them being mean, is this true? It would be the last fish in the Nuvo 40.


Also if you have pictures of your Midas Blenny please post those pictures.

Thanks in advance.
 
I have one in an 80 gallon deep blue. It hides mostly in a hole in a rock. It will come out every so often to feed. but when walking to close to the tank it darts back into its hole. I will try and get a picture if I can. I don't see there being an issue with the fish that you listed.
 
From your stocklist, it looks like you have a lot of very peaceful fish, so I think the Midas should do well in your tank but there always a few fish that are oddballs and end up being aggressive. A good substitution could be a yellow clown goby if you'd prefer a smaller fish.
 
One of my favorite fish :) Here's Pat:
blenny_0.jpg

blenny_1.jpg
 
Yes! One of my favorites! Here’s Blen-Jamin’. He’s always out and about and has a little attitude but not overly aggressive. He just defends his perch.

41ACCA68-36F3-4CF8-BA1B-1B787D128565.jpeg FAF2CC3A-BDF0-41E7-A2F3-92962B334F4D.jpeg
 
I have one. It is a bit aggressive and I would really use caution mixing them with fire fish gobies. They fight all the time. Not sure why.

I would not add a clown goby as suggested if you plan on keeping SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new