Midas blenny

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this midas blenny for over a month. he eats like a pig swims all over the tank, he looks healthy , no abnormal breathing or anything out of the regular.. Got him because i was told they have a unique character, and they love to perch on rocks and just chill.. Mine likes to swim all day but lately I've noticed he goes straight to a corner and just sits there for a while.. is this something they normally do? I've watched him to see if i notice any hard breathing or any sort of disease on him but he looks healthy.. Tested the water and everything is good as well..

Anything helps thank you

OP
OP
Yahdiel91

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210826_192604.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has one spot on the rocks that he stops at between making laps around the top of the tank. It's a little odd he didn't pick a place on the rockwork, but probably not a problem

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I loved mine, but he was mean. Congrats! There can be issues getting them to gain weight, I recently found out.
Yours looks happy!
Edit; and being an entertaining character

OP
OP
Yahdiel91

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has one spot on the rocks that he stops at between making laps around the top of the tank. It's a little odd he didn't pick a place on the rockwork, but probably not a problem
He's got a hole he normally sleeps in when lights go out. i would've thought when he gets tired he'll do what yours does but it seems he never does get tired and just swims most of the time. But for the last few days thats be his spot
I loved mine, but he was mean. Congrats! There can be issues getting them to gain weight, I recently found out.
Yours looks happy!
Never would've thought they'd be mean, they look too peaceful. He has a surprising relationship with my 2 clarkii clowns
Yours looks happy!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, I can't prove it, the nicer ones are probably female. The mean ones are probably male. As they protect their territories for spawning reasons.

I would have to be able to observe the fish and see if my idea's would work and I could form a pair. One day maybe. But, who knows. maybe i'd run into nothing but males or females if I started to look.

OP
OP
Yahdiel91

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's got a hole he normally sleeps in when lights go out. i would've thought when he gets tired he'll do what yours does but it seems he never does get tired and just swims most of the time. But for the last few days thats be his spot
Yours looks happy!
Never would've thought they'd be mean, they look too peaceful. He has a surprising relationship with my 2 clarkii clowns
I’m with the others - he associates the spot (and you) with food. Normal behavior. It took my tailspot all of 3 days to learn to beg whenever I’m near the tank.
weird way of begging thank you, i was hoping it was nothing serious.. i feed em once a day, do ya recommend more feedings?
Yours looks happy!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like to feed my fish at a minimum of 3 times per day. Saltwater fish are always active vs fresh waterfish.

Your blenny looks good. As long as he is getting morning and night feeding. I think you are okay. But a lunch is fine too!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an autofeeder that feeds earlier in the day while I'm at work, and then I'll usually put food in my tank once or twice in the evening, depending on how busy I am.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

Back