Midas bullying dispar anthia

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahiggins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
3,397
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as the title suggests, my Midas won't leave my dispar anthia alone. They were the only fish in the 40 breeder with all my frags. Torn fins and he kept her in a corner. Now that I added a canary wrasse, it's gotten better but then of course I woke up to more torn fins. So I moved the dispar to the 10 gal nem breeder as a qt of sorts last night.
The anthia is really fun and swims a lot but i know I can't keep her long term in the 10 gal it's just too small. Short of taking her back to the lfs, are there any other options?
 
Adding more dispars to diffuse aggression.
 
yikes....umm thats not an option. I dont want to overload the frag tank lol
He doesnt fight with the wrasse. In fact, theyre buddies lol always swimming next to eachother. Maybe the best option is just to take it back :'(

On a cuter/possitive note- I noticed last night (that made me go "awwww") the wrasse (2") caught a big ol mysis shrimp and was scraping it against the frag plugs to tear it apart. My smart little guy lol never seen that before :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new