Might be something, might be nothing

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at this point, I think: Separate the two fish in case there is fighting, then dose the affected clown with a broad spectrum gram negative antibiotic like Neoplex in a treatment tank.
Jay
Asking for OP since I am curios! Then what would you suggest treatment?

OP
OP
RipVanWinkle

RipVanWinkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at this point, I think: Separate the two fish in case there is fighting, then dose the affected clown with a broad spectrum gram negative antibiotic like Neoplex in a treatment tank.
Jay
I have an acclimation box arriving today, and have been dosing with metro for about a week now. I don’t see the aggression but they don’t appear to be bonded as strong as I thought before. The sick fish is still mostly fine so I will continue with metro for awhile and update here again with the results.

Can you put a clown in an acclimation box with a nem? I wonder if this would encourage hosting?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acclimation box arriving today, and have been dosing with metro for about a week now. I don’t see the aggression but they don’t appear to be bonded as strong as I thought before. The sick fish is still mostly fine so I will continue with metro for awhile and update here again with the results.

Can you put a clown in an acclimation box with a nem? I wonder if this would encourage hosting?
I generally do not do that - the anemone's pedal disk can get through the slots, making them impossible to remove later on. Also, in close quarters, the clown cannot avoid the anemone very well during its acclimation period.

Jay

OP
OP
RipVanWinkle

RipVanWinkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro has done nothing, fish is still kicking around mostly fine but still just a bit odd looking. I’m going to do a series of water changes to clear out all meds in the tank water currently and probably start neoplex at jays recommendation later this week.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro has done nothing, fish is still kicking around mostly fine but still just a bit odd looking. I’m going to do a series of water changes to clear out all meds in the tank water currently and probably start neoplex at jays recommendation later this week.
I went back through the whole thread. My March 8 post is the best I got, but this is really too drawn out to even be a bacterial infection. Diseases really don’t hang out n a “steady state” - they either kill the fish, or the fish is able to overcome the disease.
Jay

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too drawn out. Has malachite green been tried? Don't try too much too quickly though.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back