Might have to change my tank, so...

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea 425 XL has a seal issue and I am currently speaking with them to get a replacement. So I might have to empty my tank, take it apart and rebuild a new one.

1) Any and all comments/tips/suggestions are welcomed!
2) If I am going to do this, I will also make some changes to corals and fish. Here is a picture of my tank today, everything is running fine. Again, all suggestions and comments welcomed!

A few ideas I currently have :

A) Take out the Ocellaris clownfish, it used to have a mate and it constantly fights with the Clark's Anemone fish.
B) Sell a few anemones
C) Sell one of the Toadstool with rock, probably the one on the right.
D) Change the aquascaping (this is a big one)
E) Look at a different sandbed / bottom. Currently the current pushes the sand away.

20220927_175519 (1).jpg
Before you fill the new tank replace the stand period. Cantilevered front glass seems to be one of the reasons for failure in my opinion. Make sure to support the entire bottom of the tank and use a exercise mat or aquarium mat for the underside of the tank to make sure of support without pressure points. The floating bottom design of these tanks make them more susceptible to leaks without proper stand design and support. Again just my opinion! Wish you well!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back