Might switch lights from ecotech to kessil

Oceanavekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about switching from my XR15 pro / Hydra 32 to kessil AP9X

I like the shimmer kessil gives. What’s your experience with the light? I’m switching from coral heavy to an anemone tank. Only have a few soft corals left in the tank.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a kessil AP700 and i love it, the color profile is better than any other light IMO. it uses a very similar diode to the AP9X and gives off pretty much the same iconic kessil look. i would recommend.

Yodaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak for the radion lights, but I’ve added supplemental light bars to my H160s and I keep wishing everything was colored like my Kessil lights

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my AI Hydra 26’s since I got them back in 2017 and for over the past year I’ve been thinking it’s going to be time to replace them soon so for the past year I’ve been set on getting the Gen 6 xr15’s blue, so a couple weeks ago. It was time to replace the old 26’s one of them just died, and the other one started to go off and on, so I went on PRS and was about to order the GEN 6 and just out of the blue I ordered the AP9X and couldn’t be happier, I’m so happy with it for my mixed reef I’m going to put a 500X on the side with the sps and a 360X on the lps / softie’s side

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back