MikeC's SOFTY TANK

  • Thread starter Thread starter MJC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Awesome looking tank! I feel the same way you do about soft corals. I have always hated that they got labeled beginner corals. I like natural looking displays and this one certainly fits the bill. The movement just adds so much visually. A very calming thing to behold (thanks for sharing the video). This is how I would like my new set up to look. You did a great job on this one.
Group_Bow_zps6c788f33.gif
 
Thank you everyone for the compliments they are very much appreciated.
 
I am a beginner. I love the tall red ones on the left of your tank. What are they? The texture/color diversity in your tank is amazing.
 
I am a beginner. I love the tall red ones on the left of your tank. What are they? The texture/color diversity in your tank is amazing.
Thank you Katrina if you are referring to these

That is a Tracy Morgan Gorgonian from the Long Island Aquarium.
 
Hi @MJC, if i may ask, what is the green branching leather in the middle of the tank called? Mine looks like its polyps fold over when closed. I have been wondering what species it is.
Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi @MJC, if i may ask, what is the green branching leather in the middle of the tank called? Mine looks like its polyps fold over when closed. I have been wondering what species it is.
Thanks
Green Sinularia
 
As I said before, I'm a beginner. Do you have any landscaping tips for what looks good grouped together? Easy, forgiving things? I get overwhelmed and confused trying to figure out what is compatible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new