MikeC's SOFTY TANK

  • Thread starter Thread starter MJC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Update video

Mesmerizing and very soothing to watch. Thanks for keeping us in the loop with these awesome video updates. This is my favorite tank on here.
 
Nice video Mike! What is in the tank to the left?
My experiment if you will with having sps and softies in the same system but at the same time separate.
It is a 75gal sps dominant tank that I tide into the same system a few months ago.
I feel I finally got the lighting and I also recently switched the system over to a calcium reactor on the right track so now we wait lol.
 

8EE4FA3F-3548-424C-A3A1-CCAFEFE720F6.gif
 
Y
My experiment if you will with having sps and softies in the same system but at the same time separate.
It is a 75gal sps dominant tank that I tide into the same system a few months ago.
I feel I finally got the lighting and I also recently switched the system over to a calcium reactor on the right track so now we wait lol.
you know we are all dying to see it?!
 
+1 ! [emoji846]
Nothing really to look at, like I said it's a work in progress but these all started from 1" frags and after a lighting adjustment and a Alk drop and the addition of a calcium reactor getting things stable now and sps are showing a positive effect.
9a21b56c28400331419a52150fd9e2b1.jpg
 
Nothing really to look at, like I said it's a work in progress but these all started from 1" frags and after a lighting adjustment and a Alk drop and the addition of a calcium reactor getting things stable now and sps are showing a positive effect.
9a21b56c28400331419a52150fd9e2b1.jpg
How do you deal with the leathers and sps. I know they are in different tanks, but they do share the same filtration.
 
How do you deal with the leathers and sps. I know they are in different tanks, but they do share the same filtration.
It has been my experience there is nothing to deal with.
I run 2 cups of carbon in a reactor and change it every two weeks along with a 45gal water change.
 
Hey @MJC where do you recommend getting softies?

I have looked on many sites and the LFS and never can find nice ones.

I want mainly softies in my 93 cube I am setting up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new