Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My #1 favorite tank. Major inspiration for my future build. Tank gets better and better.

I am not as big on SPS, but the fact you tied the 2 together with such amazing success is incredible.

Beautiful work!

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200328_103112.jpg

The SPS system I attached to this tank a year ago has exploded and also doing very well. I do believe there is a direct correlation between growing SPS alongside a softie tank with success as long as they are separate but together. They both drain into the filtration system then go back separately to each tank.
I also run carbon.
I think your softie tank acts like a giant refugium for the SPS tank. Those giant leathers clean the water like nothing else. Great tanks as always.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
20200315_102832-01.jpeg

Tank is still doing very well I hope to do an update video soon rumor has it that Samsung is going to bring back their pro mode for video through an update on my phone which was excellent for taking videos

I was showing this to my wife yesterday, her jaw dropped. Like me, she is a big fan of soft corals and even dabbled in zoa gardening. Your tank is exceptional.

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your softie tank acts like a giant refugium for the SPS tank. Those giant leathers clean the water like nothing else. Great tanks as always.
Agree 100% if I was ever to start another sps tank I would start a softies tank first and tye the sps in later after the softies were established.

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was showing this to my wife yesterday, her jaw dropped. Like me, she is a big fan of soft corals and even dabbled in zoa gardening. Your tank is exceptional.
Thank you very much. I do appreciate the softies over the sps any day of the week.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful Mike, what’s the large pink coral on the right hand side of the softy tank, started small and now it’s huge! ? Is it some form of gorgonian coral ?

I need to get me one of those definitely

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, Just amazing tanks. I first saw your video on pulsing sinularia as @New&no clue said your tank was their inspiration and that you have a really nice softie tank. Well now I guess you have 2 amazing tanks we are all in awe!!

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful Mike, what’s the large pink coral on the right hand side of the softy tank, started small and now it’s huge! ? Is it some form of gorgonian coral ?

I need to get me one of those definitely
Thank you that is a Tracy Morgan gorgonian or (Pseudoplexaura sp.)
Originally came from Joe at the Long Island NY aquarium.

Back