OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it looks like my secondary devils hand surgical procedure has gone bad. I probably should have trimmed the plug?
it split on the top side. ;Doctor
devils hand1C.jpg

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, just went through your entire build thread. Awesome looking tank, corals and fish. Gave me some more thoughts to squirrel away as I continue to plan. I have a couple of livestock questions to ask for now though.
  1. how is your tank stocked with fish by size? By that I mean how many over 6”, between 4” & 6”, etc.
  2. cant find a lyretail damsel anywhere that looks like yours, does it go by a different name? As a damsel how to they get along with other fish
  3. How are BG Chromis doing? Recently read folks having problems with chromes, starting with small school and all eventually dieing off or just 1 survivor.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks.
1. so most of the fish entered the tank no bigger than 1.5". all have been slow growers besides the lamark I just removed that was around 6" and the foxface I still have at around 5". nothing else is over 2.5".

2. I've asked here and looked all over the net, and I've got multiple answers. I just did a quick search since you asked and found this. best description yet.
2 of the 3 have bonded but still tolerate the 3rd. some "tag" goes on but no damage done. they don't bother any of their other tank mates.

3. the BG's are doing fine. one got beat to hell by the lamark which is why the lamark got rehomed. strangely it wasn't even the smallest one, and stranger still, as beat up as it was none of it's mates continued the beat down, which I've seen that when a fish is in bad shape all the other fish seem to see the weakness and take advantage. it's made a nice recovery.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the lights back. wasn't expecting it to be back till tomorrow. it was waiting for me out in the cold as I was gone all day.
waiting for it to come to room temp to see if they REALLY fixed it this time.

Foxxy update: the spots have all disappeared. no idea what but at this point who cares.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Weasel1960
I just got two more lyretails at the lfs. said they had 24 more coming in. I asked if they would ship. the answer was no.
but the good news is they told me who their wholesaler is so you could get your lfs to get you some.

http://www.segrestfarms.com/

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
was it a white knuckle drive?? was going to ask if you were back yet :cool:

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have to worry about the knuckleheads this year while working from home. We got about 8” here, ATV winch died on me about half way through, finished my driveway with the snow blower. How did you guys fair?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back