Mike's 150 Tall

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i agree ,fresh wild often,in salt been years but have seen before on a large lion,passed to friend he treated and recovered it ,no others in my tank were affected ;)

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW man WOW your scape on this blew my mind what an awesome job. this build is so nice what a great read. I definitely need to adapt some of the techniques you used here. Thanks for sharing.
were not worthy waynes world GIF

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW man WOW your scape on this blew my mind what an awesome job. this build is so nice what a great read. I definitely need to adapt some of the techniques you used here. Thanks for sharing.
were not worthy waynes world GIF
thanks for visiting. :cool:

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that blue ridge will cover that whole tank in 2 yrs if let be :rolleyes:
V__197F.jpg
I've got 4 separate pieces. maybe only 3 as one nem is nuking one.
the second one I posted, the palys are keeping it in check on that side so far. it looks like it's growing around the superman shroom so far. and it's starting to encrust the upside down plug I glued in front of it. that's going to the college kid that I support his reef habit. :cool:

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Light Story.

So first off, I like my lights. they are from a land far far away across the pond. (Simon's neighborhood)
water proof, dust proof, no fans needed because of heat, more than adequate for my 30"/76.2mm deep tank.
the big selling point was a 5 year replacement warranty, as in if it's broke they replace it.

back in September one of the tiles white leds stopped working. when I wiggled the plug in the controller they would come on but not stay on. I tried it in all eight inputs on the controller. I contacted my supplier here in the states and they recommended cleaning the contact.
I sent pics of the plug contact and they agreed it looked ok, and I should send it to them for a look.
I couldn't be without a light on the tank that long, and since I was already looking at the frag/grow out build, I decided to buy another tile ($275) before shipping the bad one off. get the new one, ship off the bad one ups ($30).

they receive the tile, email me they cleaned the contacts, tested it multiple times and it's ready to ship back. (my cost $19). not feeling real good about it.

get it back and sure enough it doesn't work. contact the supplier but now I'm also CC the contact I have at the manufacturers in the land of Simon. I'm told by the supplier I need to send the tile and now the controller back for testing. the controller is no longer under warranty. I tell them it isn't the controller as it doesn't work in any of the inputs and my two other tiles and two strips work in all of them, and oh by the way it doesn't work in the single power module that comes with each tile/strip. his reply was more or less "I've been doing this for a very long time." my reply was more or less I didn't care how long he had been doing it. he hadn't fixed the problem and wasn't acknowledging what I was telling him. I was told I was being rude. :D :D :D :rolleyes:

so he's adamant I have to send the controller back. I later find out this is the new mandate by the manufacturer.

mean time I'm talking to the guy from the manufacturer. he asks are you positive it's not the controller. I ask if he wants me to send a video of me trying every input on the controller. at this point he agrees to send parts from across the pond to the supplier and I will need to send the tile back again, at my expense.

so I send it back. wait. wait. wait a little longer. contact the supplier that I see they have my tile, where we at with the repair? still waiting on parts. then I get an email from the manufacturer that they are having a problem getting the parts over, due to the US/China tariff war and Brexit. oh, and maybe because the sun came up.o_O

parts get there. repair is done. I get email from minion #1. your tile is repaired. by the way so and so cleaned the contacts again and it worked fine. I ignore this. they ship it back at their expense this time. thanks.

I send another email, are I getting the freebies from across the pond I was told were being sent to make me feel good about all this? minion#2 yes, oh and by the way we cleaned the contact before the repair and it worked fine.

this one I didn't let go. I replied back no he didn't and in fact he had never fixed it. so and so sent the next email that he was tired of me throwing him under the bus.
I replied back I wasn't throwing him under the bus. if I were, I wouldn't have kept it in house between me, him and the manufacturer. I would have lit him up on every FB reef site I'm on, all the reef forums I'm on. I would have had my software genius brother create a page so that every time someone searched his company it would go to my page instead with this tragic story. (yea, that's an option:cool:) when in fact I put a value on your site. I have recommended your company and site for product and info.

he comes back again with I'm attacking him, blah blah blah blah. my last reply which he didn't reply back to...you're so hell bent on you being right and me being wrong you've lost view of the big picture. what did I learn from you?
1. you're always right no matter
2. the customer is never right
3. you no longer want me as a customer.

I spent over $1k with them before the last tile purchase.
the tile is back and it works just fine now.
the replacement warranty apparently has all kinds of unwritten rules.
here's my make me feel good stuff. apparently I should feel special because it isn't currently available here in the states. darn you Brexit.
TMC.jpg

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful reef.

I am new to the hobby.
have some questions:
1 - whats the size of the PVC tubes you used for the rocks.
2 - its a lot of corals close together. They grow over time, so how do you deal with this? (again, i am new to this..)

thanks
thanks for the compliment and thanks for visiting.
1. multiple sizes. I'll have to check when I get off work. also, it's not rock, but a two part putty you can find info on in this thread.

2. most of the corals I have are none aggressive to each other or are separated in to areas they won't harm or be harmed by neighbors.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep up the good work... sorry about your not so great customer service experience. I live in the retail world, the products I sell are a dime a dozen. If I dont set myself apart with superior service my competitors will... tank continues to look amazing. Love your blue ridge.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful reef.

I am new to the hobby.
have some questions:
1 - whats the size of the PVC tubes you used for the rocks.
2 - its a lot of corals close together. They grow over time, so how do you deal with this? (again, i am new to this..)

thanks
so if you look on page 1 post #6 it will give you some idea. the vertical pipe is 3 1/2". all others 2 1/2".

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep up the good work... sorry about your not so great customer service experience. I live in the retail world, the products I sell are a dime a dozen. If I dont set myself apart with superior service my competitors will... tank continues to look amazing. Love your blue ridge.
thanks. the guy's at the frag shows are surprised when I walk up and ask, "how much for the blue ridge?". most don't know what it is.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
where??

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back