OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics everything looks happy and healthy!
I started weekly dosing of Seachem Reef Plus. Aminos and trace elements. I see the difference in a lot of my corals, especially the zoas.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started weekly dosing of Seachem Reef Plus. Aminos and trace elements. I see the difference in a lot of my corals, especially the zoas.
I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip! I have been using coral dust and the zoas are loving that too.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a nice visit today from @redfishbluefish today. Paul and his wife were in the area for a few days and made some time to stop by. Super nice guy and glad that people like him are in the R2R staff.

38E40092-CDB0-45C3-A5A5-71F7AE0C9372.jpeg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a nice visit today from @redfishbluefish today. Paul and his wife were in the area for a few days and made some time to stop by. Super nice guy and glad that people like him are in the R2R staff.

38E40092-CDB0-45C3-A5A5-71F7AE0C9372.jpeg

Mike and Tracy, thank you so much for your hospitality in opening your house to strangers. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and easily could have stayed longer to talk fish. My comment is that the pictures of Mike's tank in this thread doesn't do it justice. Love the rockwork, coral and anemone placement, and a large and diverse selection of fish. I very much enjoyed seeing Mike's tank because of the inspiration it gave me to coming home and improve mine. Thanks again, had a blast. :cool:

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love seeing more members meeting and greeting when the chances arise!

How's the anemone doing?
Well, it’s not getting worse. It’s also not getting better. It’s eating readily every 3 days and not moving so I guess I’m just in a wait and see mode.

Thanks for asking @Scurvy !

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the AquaVitro Fuel. Havent started trace yet.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

First, still so busy at work and so little time on R2R :(

Second, I am still getting notifications sporadically. Last night I unwatched the watched every thread I want to watch. Still sporadic today.

Very frustrating :mad:

I’m off today thru Monday. And my wife heads to Ohio Saturday thru Thursday so I’m planning on some tank time and forum time (in between “the list”)

I’ve been wanting to ween the tank off of NoPox so I ordered 2 balls of chaeto from Algae Barn. They should be here today and then I will fire up the chaeto reactor. I started cutting my dose back from 15ml to 10ml 2 days ago, cut back on feeding, and am running felt socks now vs the nylon to catch more crap.

I’m doing that to reduce my nutrient input a bit while the chaeto grows for about a month.

Then, get back to nylon socks which are so easy to clean and regular feeding.

I may also add 2 large marine pure blocks in a low flow area in the sump to work along side the 6 liters of Seachem matrix / denitrate.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve

Here is the Magnifica this morning before lights on.

Still feeding a small piece of fresh clam every 3 days and it eats readily.

No real change that I can tell. This takes patience!

A8A0C166-C5A0-41FC-9820-17A052A1EC8E.jpeg

It still hasn’t moved since I put it in the tank and, I quit running carbon about 10 days ago.

I started running it regularly about 4 months ago and just got to wondering if that could be a problem?

With all my leathers and nems, I really do want to run carbon so we’ll see

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve

Here is the Magnifica this morning before lights on.

Still feeding a small piece of fresh clam every 3 days and it eats readily.

No real change that I can tell. This takes patience!

A8A0C166-C5A0-41FC-9820-17A052A1EC8E.jpeg

It still hasn’t moved since I put it in the tank and, I quit running carbon about 10 days ago.

I started running it regularly about 4 months ago and just got to wondering if that could be a problem?

With all my leathers and nems, I really do want to run carbon so we’ll see
It surely takes a ton of patience. As for the carbon, I have never had an issue with running it unless I do not change it regularly.

On a side note. the nem looks to getting more color back, which is awesome. I can see that the mouth has more color, as well as some of the tentacles have noticeably more color under whites.

With all that said, it is making progress towards getting better. So keep doing what you are doing and keep the patience flowing lol.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It surely takes a ton of patience. As for the carbon, I have never had an issue with running it unless I do not change it regularly.

On a side note. the nem looks to getting more color back, which is awesome. I can see that the mouth has more color, as well as some of the tentacles have noticeably more color under whites.

With all that said, it is making progress towards getting better. So keep doing what you are doing and keep the patience flowing lol.
Ok! Thank you!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to the Algae Barn site to check on my order cause it should have been here today.

My order said it’s being processed. So I sent them a message to see if that was true.

Got a reply saying there may be slight delays due to staff being at MACNA.

So I replied and told them I was planning for this and took today off work. That it’s ok if you post in your site orders will resume shipping after MACNA. Totally understandable. These aren’t big businesses with high head counts.

I asked them to just refund my CC and I will get it else where. They said they will when they return from MACNA.

So I have been decreasing my nopox and feeding to be prepared for this, to try and keep nutrients stable as I decrease one and add the other.

I don’t create new threads to discuss these things, I prefer to just do it here on my build thread. I’m glad they honored my refund request but it still burns me up when you work hard to care for a tank and stuff like this happens.

Rant over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the white anemone color, I have a rainbow BTA and want a lemon drop or similar, but would love a healthy white colored one, you don’t see that often.
Well......I appreciate the compliment, but unfortunately it’s a H Magnifica nem that’s feeling a little sick.

Here is what is was looking like before it became unhappy
98129B19-9423-4071-9F60-A659D8E3593D.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back