Mikes ReefPi

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GPIO 4 is often reserved for 1 wire communication with the temperature sensors. It might help if you can post the exact message or a screenshot.
[Edit]
I didn't see Bigtrout's answer before I posted.
GPIO 2 and 3 are usually reserved for i2c communication with pca9685, ph boards, and maybe some other components.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout this page, at the bottom I have laid out recommended Pinout
https://reef-pi.github.io/guides/electronics/

pinout-2.0.png

OP
OP
M

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ranjib .

I've completed V1! and will share pics shortly - although would like to start on version 2 ASAP!

@Ranjib - does ReefPi support solid state relays (i'll check the amps is below tolerance) and/or Triacs (BT136) (I think the correct terminology for these is MOSFET board) instead of the electro magnetic relays i am using now?

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ranjib .

I've completed V1! and will share pics shortly - although would like to start on version 2 ASAP!

@Ranjib - does ReefPi support solid state relays (i'll check the amps is below tolerance) and/or Triacs (BT136) (I think the correct terminology for these is MOSFET board) instead of the electro magnetic relays i am using now?

I realize I am not @Ranjib but will let you know that SSR's are definitely supported by reef pi. There are any number of builders who have incorporated them for their added durability.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ranjib .

It does. Actually there’s no difference on how we control them from reef-pi perspective. It’s standard digital outlet (on/off) .

OP
OP
M

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Just looking at SSR and most and as per your guide they are rated at 2A. Have checked and none of my equipment individual draws that amount of current. Do you know if this rating would be per each relay channel or across the whole relay board?
Also have seen low level trigger and high level trigger boards. Which one would I want?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Just looking at SSR and most and as per your guide they are rated at 2A. Have checked and none of my equipment individual draws that amount of current. Do you know if this rating would be per each relay channel or across the whole relay board?
Also have seen low level trigger and high level trigger boards. Which one would I want?
My guess will be for each channel

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, a high level trigger is a little easier to understand since a high voltage turns it on and and a low voltage turns it off. Either one could work just fine though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back