Millepora problems…

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDubz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CDubz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
14
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having problems with two mille’s… one is a CB really pink Mille not sure the other. They do okay on a frag rack at 100 par but when I move them to 175-250 they go white from the base up and I have to refrag. They can stay in the low par and be fine but don’t grow or base out and look pathetic… any tips? I have plenty of other acros and montis that seem to do fine.

SG 1.026
N 5-20
P .1
C 460
Alk 7-8
Mag 1300-1400

I try to do weekly water changes 10% reef crystals. Dose kalk for alk and cal. Descent flow (have to balance the mixed reef inhabitants). Would it be a flow problem? Should I put these in an area that gets blasted?

IMG_4828.jpeg IMG_4827.jpeg
 
try to move them up to that second PAR slower. going from 100 to 175+ might be a bit of a jump for those particular strains.

my other thought would be flow or lack of trace elements(but since you moved them back to 100 PAR and they went back to normal, this isn't likely).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new