Milletseed Butterflyfish Captive Bred by Biota Aquariums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The millet seed butterflyfish, Chaetodon miliaris, is a common and very abundant reef fish of Hawaii that is now available captive bred from Biota Aquariums. The milletseed butterflyfish is very hardy but should be even better adapted to aquarium life since they were raised in captivity but have been fed prepared foods all of their […]
Source

Continue reading...

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo so exciting, have been following with the two academic breeding projects on butterflies that have been successful. Great to see a commercial venture as well.
hopefully this will open the floodgates to other species that are less commonly in the trade. Cough cough wrought iron butterfly lol

U

User1

View Badges
The millet seed butterflyfish, Chaetodon miliaris, is a common and very abundant reef fish of Hawaii that is now available captive bred from Biota Aquariums. The milletseed butterflyfish is very hardy but should be even better adapted to aquarium life since they were raised in captivity but have been fed prepared foods all of their […]
Source

Continue reading...

I love these fish. I've always wanted a trio in my system but never seem to either find them or when I do take a chance on them. Thank you for sharing. I'm curious what they cost compared to wilds.

Thank you again. Would like to see who has these and learn more. I have the need for more cow bell and 3 of these please :D

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back