Milwaukee Refractometers are not good

I thought it was well known that the Milwaukee refractometer reads a little high. I was looking into them at one point and came across this issue frequently.
Worse part is their customer service.
 
Reviving and older thread:

i just purchased a Milwaukee Refractometer and calibrated per instructions with the included bottle of distilled water, and the 1.025 reference solution read at 1.027.

Debating on whether to keep it or send it back to brs.
 
Reviving and older thread:

i just purchased a Milwaukee Refractometer and calibrated per instructions with the included bottle of distilled water, and the 1.025 reference solution read at 1.027.

Debating on whether to keep it or send it back to brs.

Which reference solution exactly?
 
Which reference solution exactly?
image.jpg
These are the solutions that come with the Refractometer.
 
I’ve seen complaints about that solution in the past, but you are within the Milwaukee’s specifications.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new