Mimic/Chocolate Tang

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopeful to start a new larger tank here in the new future. Been doing some research and looking an all the different options out there. The Mimic Tang has really caught my eye.

What are everyone's experience with them? Where would you rank them on the tang aggression scale?

And lets see some pics of everyone Mimic Tang! Would love to see the different coloring as they mature.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very docile, here's mine in change before i gave him to a friend. They grow rather slowly are really an excellent fish, very underappreciated. Pics do not do an adult chocolate tang justice.

006.jpg

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pics. Thinking I will stick with 1 Acanthurus tang for the tank. Really leaning towards a mimic tang. Even though I really like the powder blue.

Hoping to get a new tank going here in the next year or so. After not having one a couple years. Going big this time, at least for me. Thinking Waterbox 220.6 or Red Sea 750XXL. Finally have a tank big enough to fit multiple tangs.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are concerned about aggression, the powder blue may not be the best choice, and Im not just talking of aggression toward other tangs.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back