Mindstream minitor issue

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my long awaited mindstream today. Setup was a breeze but am having a mild issue. For some reason, the data is not showing up on the web app. Any mindstream users out there have this issue? How can you tell that that the mindstream has communication to the cloud? I called tech support but was forwarded to what it seems like cell phone voicemail. I left a message but no return call as of now. Any insight anyone has on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took
might have read were it will take up to 4 hrs to start monitoring
might have read were it will take up to 4 hrs to start monitoring.

I took that part as the initial readings would not be accurate. Accurate or not, I would think it should still display the readings on the web app.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine worked right away. One issue I did run into was that I initially tried to connect it to a 5G version of my network. It has to be connected to a 2.4ghz connection. (It says that on the front page o the setup guide, but I missed it.) Is it possible that's the issue you're running into?

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine worked right away. One issue I did run into was that I initially tried to connect it to a 5G version of my network. It has to be connected to a 2.4ghz connection. (It says that on the front page o the setup guide, but I missed it.) Is it possible that's the issue you're running into?
Nope. I made certain that I am on the 2.4ghz connection. My Alkatronic is the same way. It has only updated the measurements one time in the past 6 hours. Status light is flashing green. I assume that is a good thing but not certain since the manual only mentioned the status lights in the connection section.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope. I made certain that I am on the 2.4ghz connection. My Alkatronic is the same way. It has only updated the measurements one time in the past 6 hours. Status light is flashing green. I assume that is a good thing but not certain since the manual only mentioned the status lights in the connection section.
Yes, status light should be flashing green.

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rebooted my router and while rebooting, the mindstream turned red. Once connection was reestablished, it went back to green. Still no progress on the data through the web app though.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I rebooted my router and while rebooting, the mindstream turned red. Once connection was reestablished, it went back to green. Still no progress on the data through the web app though.
The green light is a good sign. Did you set up your subscription in the app?

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throughout the evening, the web app collected a total of three data points. I am wondering if it isn’t something I did while setting up somehow. Hopefully mindstream will call me back sometime today to get this issue sorted out. Yes I went through the subscription part of the setup.

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get it working .
Throughout the day, it plotted about 6 more data points on the trend. I spoke to their service departments and they had me move the monitor to the sump which is 1/4” acrylic from the main display which is a marineland 180 gallon where glass is about 1/2” I believe. Waiting to see if it helps. Does yours update every 15 minutes?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would anyone of the Mindstream users share his ammonia curves and data from a few days?

Truly appreciated !!!!

Andre
Mine is currently at 2 ppb. Most it's gotten up to its 6 ppb I think. This is my graph of 14 days.

Screenshot_20190904-151704_Chrome.jpg

7 days

Screenshot_20190904-151920_Chrome.jpg

1 day

Screenshot_20190904-151929_Chrome.jpg

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throughout the day, it plotted about 6 more data points on the trend. I spoke to their service departments and they had me move the monitor to the sump which is 1/4” acrylic from the main display which is a marineland 180 gallon where glass is about 1/2” I believe. Waiting to see if it helps. Does yours update every 15 minutes?
still waiting on mine

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.. moved the monitor to the sump and it didn’t fix my issue. Mindstream is overnighting me a new power module which they feel will fix the issue at hand of the module in a continuous boot loop and won’t establish communication to the cloud. They have been very helpful pinpointing the issue. I will reply when I know the outcome.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is currently at 2 ppb. Most it's gotten up to its 6 ppb I think. This is my graph of 14 days.

Screenshot_20190904-151704_Chrome.jpg

7 days

Screenshot_20190904-151920_Chrome.jpg

1 day

Screenshot_20190904-151929_Chrome.jpg
Awesome !!! Thank you.
Mike Paletta is a very lil bit higher, Marc Levenson a bit lower.....

I opened a Tank Data sharing thread out here :

-Andre

OP
OP
M_norrick

M_norrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the new power module I installed last Friday still didn’t fix the issue. Text message alarms did just now start to work today. Mindstream is still trying to find the issue. Hopefully soon they will have it figured out and functioning as it should. Anyone else out there having issues or is it just me?

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you ask them to replace the whole unit with a new one, so they can ship back the faulty one and do the problem determination at their own facility. Even if it means I have to wait another week to get mine. ;)

Back