MindStream Monitor Update & Future Plans

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was under the impression some people are waiting or hoping that sai initiates a refund. I think we both agree this will never happen. No argument here. I was on the fence about buying one for so long that it all collapsed, so I have no skin in this game
I dont think anyone thinks this is the case

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but you know what I mean. This is not a public company. Its three guys who own 99% of the place. Anything that happens in court is going to have their name all over it.
Most use LLCs so they are responsible for nothing personally. If the money is gone it can't come from free air unfortunately.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start-ups fail. They are hard! They are high risk, for customers but also those who work for them. A lot of investment and R&D has gone into bringing this to market. Hopefully another company buys the assets and continues.

Whether or not any potential buyer services the existing base will depend on two things: Cost and opportunity. It's not likely to be a huge number to support and they are paying a subscription, and recurring revenues make any potential acquisition attractive. However, it also depends on the cost which the people providing the finance demand for the assets etc.

I do hope a new buyer/investor can help rescue them and the customers so far.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No big news - but - the contact page from SAI has been changed to:

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 11.56.28 AM.png

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No big news - but - the contact page from SAI has been changed to:

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 11.56.28 AM.png
Thats interesting that they put "investor" in there. I assumed they just wanted to sell the whole company, but it seems like they would prefer a cash infusion. If only I had enough money to make the difference. I truly see this product as a long term gold mine.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats interesting that they put "investor" in there. I assumed they just wanted to sell the whole company, but it seems like they would prefer a cash infusion. If only I had enough money to make the difference. I truly see this product as a long term gold mine.

If you really have faith, take out a big ol loan and invest xD

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Marine Mobius Video has a midstream running on their tank. It is new video so how did hey get more testing disc if they only last a month??? hmmm breathing new hope.. and Ecotech do have the funds to buy them....

mindstream2.png

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Marine Mobius Video has a midstream running on their tank. It is new video so how did hey get more testing disc if they only last a month??? hmmm breathing new hope.. and Ecotech do have the funds to buy them....

mindstream2.png
I noticed that too!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they had a few Mindstream devices from day one of its release. I was told that the two owners of Ecotech had a good relationship with the Brian and Jim. I would love to read more into this, but they are probably one of the people that I heard got a bunch of disks when the doors closed. It could be something more, I hope it is.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine pairing the versa with a mind stream.. as in the versa could auto adjust via mobius..

I can see that be very appealing to a lot of people.
Personally I would not use an automatic system. I feel much more comfortable doing any adjustments myself. I would just be so happy if Echotech pulled this off in just getting the MS supply train running again. The upshot for Echotech is that they would have their first must have cutting edge product since the Vortech release.

Last edited:

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah and mobius is local based so you wouldn’t be able to adjust yourself unless you’re there.
They have already commented that they have some way of making it work through the cloud so you can adjust things while away. It was one of the most mentioned “issues” came up with and apparently they solved it, just aren’t sharing how yet. It’ll probably be announced with the full roll out once lights and pumps are added

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine pairing the versa with a mind stream.. as in the versa could auto adjust via mobius..

That is a nice feature to have. Look into how the Trident/DOS, Alkatronic/Dosetronic, and Xepta do this.

I can see that be very appealing to a lot of people.
Personally I would not use an automatic system. I feel much more comfortable doing any adjustments myself.

What component in the process of automatic dosing correction concerns you? Is the concern inaccurate test results, inaccurate dosed amount, or bad logic in determining the amount to dose?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back