Status
Not open for further replies.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Titration testing will always be an issue.
if one want to use titration testing best to buy a reefbot

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure what you mean, the point I was trying to make is:

My alk is almost 11.5 but the mindstream is reading in the 6.5-7 range. The calcium and mag also dropped back down on the MS even though they really haven't dropped much in reality.

U

User1

View Badges

Reefbot provides more tests for sure and is something people should consider. Plus I think it has been out longer, right?

However, not sure why you suggest titration will always be an issue or why select the bot over say the trident. I could see the bot having an edge if you want more tests or do not have an Apex.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't give your money until the products are available for you to buy. I was part of the GoFund me program for Mindstream. I had $1000.00 holding for months and never heard any updates. I gladly took my money back.

I think the Mindstream idea and product is promising, but I will wait until they are available and work out the kinks.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't give your money until the products are available for you to buy. I was part of the GoFund me program for Mindstream. I had $1000.00 holding for months and never heard any updates. I gladly took my money back.

I think the Mindstream idea and product is promising, but I will wait until they are available and work out the kinks.
Did you ever give them money during the kick starter program?

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This to me would be amazing. I get the subscription model is great at printing money I get that. But for buying options from a consumer's standpoint I want to be able to have a couple spare on hand if anything were to happen, switch it to a different tank etc.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a scam?? I know someone who has been waiting 17 weeks for his unit!!!! Only receiving automated responses from Mindstream on this issue. I would really like to know someone who has actually received one of these units! I bought mine at MACNA. Am I another sucker of this?

Well this post was 24 hours later than I predicted and NO it is not a scam!
Beta testing can only carry you so far. Selling a few hundred units reveals problems you would never see in Beta testing. I am told they are now producing units again but they have a back log from the delay. Also the amount ordered before and after Macna was a lot more than they expected.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beta testing can only carry you so far. Selling a few hundred units reveals problems you would never see in Beta testing. I am told they are now producing units again but they have a back log from the delay. Also the amount ordered before and after Macna was a lot more than they expected.
Were is that information coming from. If that is true they need to let everyone no that bought one. It would be different if they have not collected or money.

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst thing you can do as a company in this situation is under communicate. They need to provide weekly updates that are real and meaningful.

I want to see Mindstream successful,and the product be an accurate, easy way to understand a tanks water chemistry. I hope they improve on the comms front, and get more of these units produced, so the community can draw better conclusions on it's efficacy.

OP
OP
Medic56

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t you think they owe it to the customer to give updates and explanations as to the progress of the units???? When you give a customer a 8-10 week estimate and then you wait 17 weeks and still don’t have anything but a automated response From them is crap and not very responsible for a company you are putting your trust and money in! And I believe everyone would agree with me!!!

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t you think they owe it to the customer to give updates and explanations as to the progress of the units???? When you give a customer a 8-10 week estimate and then you wait 17 weeks and still don’t have anything but a automated response From them is ******** and not very responsible for a company you are putting your trust and money in! And I believe everyone would agree with me!!!

Have you tried to call them and ask when your unit is going to ship? If I had one on order for that long I know I would.

OP
OP
Medic56

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to call them and ask when your unit is going to ship? If I had one on order for that long I know I would.
You just get to leave a message and then you get an automated response

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just get to leave a message and then you get an automated response

This has been true over the past week, however, in the past they have been good about following up with messages. Hopefully, they will right the ship this week and get back on track.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been true over the past week, however, in the past they have been good about following up with messages. Hopefully, they will right the ship this week and get back on track.
Lets just hope the hole is not to big were it sinks there ship.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were is that information coming from. If that is true they need to let everyone no that bought one. It would be different if they have not collected or money.

The information came from a CSR when I talked to him last week. I did get the answering machine several times but eventually one of the guys picked up.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes they were excellent up until last week and then the calls stopped being answered. If your sole interest is getting your order filled then this could be an indication that they have all hands on deck trying to get the orders filled. If your a glass half empty guy then you will see it as a sign that the ship is sinking.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they were excellent up until last week and then the calls stopped being answered. If your sole interest is getting your order filled then this could be an indication that they have all hands on deck trying to get the orders filled. If your a glass half empty guy then you will see it as a sign that the ship is sinking.
Sinking or not a $1000 is a lot of money to me an i'm sure it is to others but have got nothing but a lot of empty promises. I hope all this really works out because this mindstream is really going to help out. Its just there lack of comunacation thats hurting them.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sinking or not a $1000 is a lot of money to me an i'm sure it is to others but have got nothing but a lot of empty promises. I hope all this really works out because this mindstream is really going to help out. Its just there lack of comunacation thats hurting them.
I hear you but you have to remember that if your going to say something you have to be able to deliver on it. The problem for most companies is that they are at the mercy of promises made by suppliers. If the supplier is making a custom component and doesn’t deliver it on time or it is defective it means all your promises to customers just turned into lies.

The added dilemma is that your left with two bad options. Either take a chance that they deliver on the next promised date or switch suppliers and hope that they can actually deliver. None of those choices is good and the latter one is going to add on a lot more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back