Mindstream

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am afraid for those poor souls that forked out 1000 dollars and annual subscription your money is lost. Even if they do file bankruptcy I am guessing you would only get pennies on your dollars spent. I do think they thought they had a viable working product based on some of the limited reports. I think as more user got hold of it new issues cropped up and they don’t have the resources to address. In reality the same has happened with Trident. They too are having a number of issues but are keeping up with demand. Although trident roll out was awful they were much more prepared in the backend to handle user issues. The biggest issue I have seen and have with Trident is stability of results as the reagent is used up. As reagent levels drops results get unreliable.
The sad part is I also believe MS concept is ground breaking and workable but needs someone with full money pockets to take it to a reliable version. I think they are actually close.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else wonder whether MS knew that they did not have a reliable, workable, and reproducible device, but 'threw it out there anyway' just to do further "Beta testing" with those who were kickstarters and MACNA "prizewinners"--many or most who have actually gotten units, and also to collect some further seed funding from suckers like us (but hoping they could fix the bugs prior to actually having to actually ship out working units to non-kickstarters)?

For those who have not looked at other MS threads, there are now people reporting that either their units don't work anymore and/or can't connect with MS servers, and yet can't get ANY response from tech support at MS either by phone or e-mail in days. In my opinion, this is a very ominous sign. Any other thoughts out there?

If all of our worst fears about MS turn out to be true (which looks likely at this point), then I would think that some lawyers could possibly make a cogent fraud case against this. Class action, anyone?

Please don't exaggerate the current situation. There is only one person who bought a second hand Mindstream and has not been able to get it connected. Nobody else that I am aware of has had an issue. I know for a fact that several hundred Mindstreams were built and delivered and it's a safe bet that if they had stopped working or were not working correctly people would have been on social media in droves. I have no idea what the future will bring but given the current state of delays I think it is in very poor form for you to be praying on the purchasers predicament and deliberately making a bad situation look worst than it is. If things change I know for sure that anybody who paid via a credit card has up to at least six months to make a claim and get a full refund. So I am still waiting and hoping that something changes. Until then I am just upset about the lack of communication from the CEO.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are fooling yourselves if you 1) think hundreds have been delivered 2) that lack of social media blogs means that there most user have working units 3) the total lack of communication is not a death watch. If there are hundreds of happy user why are they not jumping in and stating that. To date I have only seen a copy. The bottom line is unhappy user greatly out number happy users so my bet is they are out of business. Hopefully wrong but don’t think so. I canceled my order after waiting 6 weeks after the promised date

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are fooling yourselves if you 1) think hundreds have been delivered 2) that lack of social media blogs means that there most user have working units 3) the total lack of communication is not a death watch. If there are hundreds of happy user why are they not jumping in and stating that. To date I have only seen a copy. The bottom line is unhappy user greatly out number happy users so my bet is they are out of business. Hopefully wrong but don’t think so. I canceled my order after waiting 6 weeks after the promised date

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that most aquarium owners hang out on RC or R2R. Out of about ten guys that I know with serious aquariums I am the only one who posts to forums. The numbers of MS that were delivered was told to me long before any of these communication issues developed. Anyway if you get your fun from tearing down things and trying to make other people feel even more frustrated then go ahead and push your agenda.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious question @robbyg, no trolling intended. With everything they’ve told you that’s turned out to be false, a broken commitment, or otherwise just not true, why makes you believe anything they’ve told you?

Have you considered that they may not be truthful about the numbers delivered, the disc robot, the whatever if you haven’t seen it yourself? Seems if they are willing to lie about next week, next week, next week, they may be willing to lie about everything.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say that unhappy users outnumber happy users but the number of people who are waiting and not happy far outnumber the happy users. I'm not even sure how many people on this site actually have a mindstream. I know that @OLDREEFER44 wasn't happy and sent his back. I know @stevenlu isnt happy with his because he can't get it working. I'm pretty sure @lexinverts is happy with his now. I'm still on the fence, mine is working now to an extent but I don't think it's 100% accurate.

Tagged you guys in case you know of other members who actually have a MS in hand.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TARHEEL78. I have one as well, and am also still on the fence. I will say, that I have been pretty happy with Support when I have had to reach out.

Details of why you had to reach out? I know nothing is perfect, but I’m wondering how many people have them on this forum who haven’t had to contact support.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Details of why you had to reach out? I know nothing is perfect, but I’m wondering how many people have them on this forum who haven’t had to contact support.
If I had to guess I would say every user has had to contact support at some point.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say that unhappy users outnumber happy users but the number of people who are waiting and not happy far outnumber the happy users. I'm not even sure how many people on this site actually have a mindstream. I know that @OLDREEFER44 wasn't happy and sent his back. I know @stevenlu isnt happy with his because he can't get it working. I'm pretty sure @lexinverts is happy with his now. I'm still on the fence, mine is working now to an extent but I don't think it's 100% accurate.

Tagged you guys in case you know of other members who actually have a MS in hand.
When you say happy to an extent what exactly do you mean.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robbyg

I hope you get your unit. I hope everyone that pre-ordered or paid in advance gets their unit.
I know it sucks to have forked out about a thousand dollars and not have what you paid for.
Not be able to get in touch with the company.
Not be certain the thing you paid for actually works as intended or even exists as a viable, tangible physical thing. Not knowing if the company is folding or folded. Not knowing if the company is still in existence or if it will stay in existence or be able to fulfill any of their obligations.

I'm not trying to be funny.
I seriously hope you get your unit but it's a good idea to be realistic.

I don't think anyone is trying to make anyone else feel bad.
I think you just need to have your eyes open and think clearly.
Use your head, not your heart.
Use common sense.

Would you put up with this from any other company for anything outside reefing?

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

Last edited:

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say happy to an extent what exactly do you mean.
That's not what I said, I said working to an extent. My readings were all very far off before because of a bad disc but they are relatively close with my trident now.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that most aquarium owners hang out on RC or R2R. Out of about ten guys that I know with serious aquariums I am the only one who posts to forums. The numbers of MS that were delivered was told to me long before any of these communication issues developed. Anyway if you get your fun from tearing down things and trying to make other people feel even more frustrated then go ahead and push your agenda.

Hi. I want to clarify that I am not trying to be negative just for the sake of being negative, or to exaggerate the current state of affairs. I am simply stating the obvious: When people shell out $1000.00 (like myself) and have waited for what is now OVER double the expected wait time (I ordered mine on 7/1/19), been lied to over and over on delivery ("next week: next week; end of September; end of October; you are near the top of the waitlist", etc.), and now can see that multiple people can't even get ahold of MS either by phone or e-mail in DAYS, one has a right, if not a duty to one's own dignity, to start suspecting the worst.

Out of curiosity, Robbyg, when was the last time that you have been able to get ahold of MS? And I don't mean to put you on the spot at all. I truly want to know. If you tell me that you've been able to contact them in the last 2 days, I'd feel much more reassured--especially since it sounds like MS has spent considerable time--perhaps more than anyone else, conversing with you in the past. But, if they've even dodged your attempts to contact them--given that you've really hung in there as a very loyal believer (which I truly respect and admire, by the way!), then I'd be very nervous. If I were MS, the last thing I'd want to do is anger my most loyal supporters who have been trying to reassure others and advocate for may company on a major reefer board viewed by thousands.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The night is darkest just before the dawn... At least I hope it is given then have 1K of my money with nothing to show for it yet. ;)

I agree things aren't looking good at all, but I'm still not convinced things are as bad as some people here would make them out to be. The fact is, we don't know what's going on other than they refuse to communicate with anyone right now. Something they have done in the past. FWIW: I still would have a Triton at this point, even if I decided to go that route back in July.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I want to clarify that I am not trying to be negative just for the sake of being negative, or to exaggerate the current state of affairs. I am simply stating the obvious: When people shell out $1000.00 (like myself) and have waited for what is now OVER double the expected wait time (I ordered mine on 7/1/19), been lied to over and over on delivery ("next week: next week; end of September; end of October; you are near the top of the waitlist", etc.), and now can see that multiple people can't even get ahold of MS either by phone or e-mail in DAYS, one has a right, if not a duty to one's own dignity, to start suspecting the worst.

Out of curiosity, Robbyg, when was the last time that you have been able to get ahold of MS? And I don't mean to put you on the spot at all. I truly want to know. If you tell me that you've been able to contact them in the last 2 days, I'd feel much more reassured--especially since it sounds like MS has spent considerable time--perhaps more than anyone else, conversing with you in the past. But, if they've even dodged your attempts to contact them--given that you've really hung in there as a very loyal believer (which I truly respect and admire, by the way!), then I'd be very nervous. If I were MS, the last thing I'd want to do is anger my most loyal supporters who have been trying to reassure others and advocate for may company on a major reefer board viewed by thousands.

Well put.
You were much more eloquent than I was.
You make my post sound antagonistic.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure glad I bailed when I did they refunded my money. now it sounds like they are not even refunding money. This really doesn't look good I believe there digging a hole there not going to be able to get out of.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure glad I bailed when I did they refunded my money. now it sounds like they are not even refunding money. This really doesn't look good I believe there digging a hole there not going to be able to get out of.
Unfortunately, I think you may be right. I'm really just hoping they are finalizing a sell out to a reputable company.

Also, the word you are looking for is they're. Lol :p ;)

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back