Mindstream

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Communication on that would have been nice.
LIfe would be miserable taking everything too seriously! It's refreshing that you have a sense of humor about the whole situation.

Is there anything to indicate it was an update and not just a momentary server outage?

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LIfe would be miserable taking everything too seriously! It's refreshing that you have a sense of humor about the whole situation.

Is there anything to indicate it was an update and not just a momentary server outage?
I second this. How does anyone know that it was an “update” versus a random outage if there was no actual communication from the company about a pending update?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely nothing to indicate that there was an update. Although when my monitor came back online my readings were a good bit different than they were this morning when it went offline so it is possible I suppose.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely nothing to indicate that there was an update. Although when my monitor came back online my readings were a good bit different than they were this morning when it went offline so it is possible I suppose.

We don't need no stinkin' release notes!

If you'd like to share a before and after screenshot that might be interesting. Anyone else with a MS notice the same thing?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I a bit confused. I thought the whole selling point is the disk is calibrated when shipped. So nothing should change
I suppose they could have updated the monitor to read the disc differently. Who knows? We don't even know there was an actual update, everything is just guesses because SAI won't tell anyone anything.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't need no stinkin' release notes!

If you'd like to share a before and after screenshot that might be interesting. Anyone else with a MS notice the same thing?
They seem to have leveled back out now. When the monitor came back online everything was lower than before but after a few readings it came back up.

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mindstream2.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny the authenticity of this leaked Pic of the Mindstream 2.0 Sharkbait Red Edition...Beta Version of Course...

**The actual version may differ from the pic and could possibly come with the Scooby Doo and the Gang Disk.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mindstream2.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny the authenticity of this leaked Pic of the Mindstream 2.0 Sharkbait Red Edition...Beta Version of Course...

**The actual version may differ from the pic and could possibly come with the Scooby Doo and the Gang Disk.
No safari adventures, no deal!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent an email to cancel my order. If they don’t I will have to contact PayPal to get this resolved. This is really disappointing because it fit my needs almost perfectly and I wish it had arrived by now. Pretty sad and upset at the same time.

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent an email to cancel my order. If they don’t I will have to contact PayPal to get this resolved. This is really disappointing because it fit my needs almost perfectly and I wish it had arrived by now. Pretty sad and upset at the same time.

It fits all of our needs and is an amazing break thru for our hobby. I totally hope we are all wrong and they make an effort at some form of communication ASAP. I’m not holding my breath...

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order was placed and paid 3 months ago. They were being good about updating the order status once week until we passed the magic promised 8-10 week delay mark. Now, no product, no responses, dead silence. I don’t mind waiting if I have communications with a vendor. Explanations of delays being properly communicated are appreciated. What is not appreciated is the dead silence, lack of response, and total freeze out by a company who had no problem taking my hard earned money, but has not provided a product! The silent treatment happened exactly after the 10 week point passed. Would love to know what is going on, am I ever going to receive the purchased product??? Who is advising their team to handle clients with a complete lack of communication and no transparency??? Really disappointed. Would love to get the purchased and promised product to do a real review, but I feel like I have been misled and tricked instead by the complete lack of communication :(.
They really need a new customer support in service or PR team.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order was placed and paid 3 months ago. They were being good about updating the order status once week until we passed the magic promised 8-10 week delay mark. Now, no product, no responses, dead silence. I don’t mind waiting if I have communications with a vendor. Explanations of delays being properly communicated are appreciated. What is not appreciated is the dead silence, lack of response, and total freeze out by a company who had no problem taking my hard earned money, but has not provided a product! The silent treatment happened exactly after the 10 week point passed. Would love to know what is going on, am I ever going to receive the purchased product??? Who is advising their team to handle clients with a complete lack of communication and no transparency??? Really disappointed. Would love to get the purchased and promised product to do a real review, but I feel like I have been misled and tricked instead by the complete lack of communication :(.
They really need a new customer support in service or PR team.
All of your concerns were directly communicated to the CEO via phone. He tried to use the explanation that any communication on their part could be used by competitors so was better to keep quiet. He insinuated that they were concerned that they had already been sabotaged by a competitor.
Just about all of us that have owned them have had issues that have yet to be resolved even after almost 3 months. I returned mine and sadly, suggest anyone else get their money back while they can.
If it turns out they actually are able to fix their issues or sell to another company I will be a potential customer because when it works, it's a great tool.

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that information. I believe that this is a hobby and not a cloak and dagger top secret operation. Patent protection and trademark and copyright laws protect companies from losing original content and ideas. So, really think the CEO is not being advised correctly and any competition would have to develop their own new and novel approach to this task without infringement. Communication is key and goes a long way to cure disgruntlement and unhappiness.

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of your concerns were directly communicated to the CEO via phone. He tried to use the explanation that any communication on their part could be used by competitors so was better to keep quiet. He insinuated that they were concerned that they had already been sabotaged by a competitor.
Just about all of us that have owned them have had issues that have yet to be resolved even after almost 3 months. I returned mine and sadly, suggest anyone else get their money back while they can.
If it turns out they actually are able to fix their issues or sell to another company I will be a potential customer because when it works, it's a great tool.

They could send out a perfunctory email once a week just to reassure folks that they're still alive without giving any info to competitors. In fact, this radio silence on their part is perhaps the best gift they could be giving to competitors. And sabotage? Seriously?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could send out a perfunctory email once a week just to reassure folks that they're still alive without giving any info to competitors. In fact, this radio silence on their part is perhaps the best gift they could be giving to competitors. And sabotage? Seriously?
Absolutely. That was communicated to him also. I told him that his customer service manager was not serving them well but it was clear that the CEO was micro managing everything.

grant k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@grant k - Did you use a manual ALK test as a backup test to see which reading was correct? If it really was 6.5 and you have been gradually bringing it down....thats gonna be bad....
I have a Hanna alk tester but it always seemed to read up to 2.0 degrees higher when compared to an ICP test. I relied on the MS once in place figuring as long as the readings were consistent I would have stability. When the MS alk readings began to drop I manually dosed alk to supplement the apex dos alk dosage to keep it up. Then I changed disks and everything was out of whack. The only readings close to original were pH and temp. Alk once again the worst. My MS has been offline now for 2.5 days and I have no idea why. Can’t get a response from them at all. When I first received the unit they were very prompt in communication. I fear that if others are having the same problems as me they have a disaster on their hands and are ducking everyone until they assume they can figure it out.

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. That was communicated to him also. I told him that his customer service manager was not serving them well but it was clear that the CEO was micro managing everything.
Sometimes CEOs need to step back, take a moment, and reevaluate the situation And change course direction. That is what makes a great CEO and company.

U

User1

View Badges
Sometimes CEOs need to step back, take a moment, and reevaluate the situation

And be replaced.

Simple fact of the matter is this could have all been avoided had they not charged up front or only taken a deposit. Or even a simpler approach is just communicate which is what I think most of you are asking for. You shouldn't have to chase. It should be provided.

Many of you are troopers I must say.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And be replaced.

Simple fact of the matter is this could have all been avoided had they not charged up front or only taken a deposit. Or even a simpler approach is just communicate which is what I think most of you are asking for. You shouldn't have to chase. It should be provided.

Many of you are troopers I must say.
I would think with a number of people contacting their CC company to file a claim that the CC would be investigating. I understand they write off the loss but you would think they would at least take some legal steps. Normally when you dispute the charge they do attempt to reach out to the vendor to try and resolve. Maybe this is part of the reason they gone silent. Advice from their legal support.

Back