Mini carpet anemones

  • Thread starter Thread starter ezhdg41
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ezhdg41

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very excited about what is happening in my tank. I had 2 red mini carpet anemones in my tank. I was looking at my tank and noticed that a third one popped up about the same size. I thought maybe one of them split. A day later two more, all about the same size. Now I have a total of six and I have not seen one smaller then any of the previous ones. Really cool but I have no idea why. Any insight?
 
When you say carpets….haddoni? Maxi minis? Pics?
 
This is a new one.
 

Attachments

  • 3D287FFC-C159-48D5-8457-55D7D9BAAAA2.jpeg
    3D287FFC-C159-48D5-8457-55D7D9BAAAA2.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 320
I really need to find where I can buy one of these guys. Recently set up a Lifegard 4.14 pico and I think one of these red minis would be the best inhabitants
 
I just picked up a couple of these this week. They are local to me but he does ship.
https://shop.goldenbasketreef.com/products/anemone-red-mini-carpet?_pos=1&_sid=5bd2fb14f&_ss=r
That is a fantastic price compared to Dr Mac's, the shipping is not an issue since it's the same over @ pacific east.
Can you fellas that have these mini max, are they rock dwellers, do they absolutely need a sand bed? Toying with putting these into a bare bottom anemone only tank.
TIA
 
Mine hangs out on the rock as does the one in my daughters tank but we have only had them for a few days. However, all the mini maxi anemones I have seen have been rock dwellers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new