OP
F

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up and installed a DYI ATO system. No photos of that because it is suuuper not pretty. It is on the list to get that cleaned up.

For my birthday i got my self a 3D printer and am now teaching myself how to use Fusion 360. I am designing a lid for the MCT that will have a built in fan connected to a temp probe so that when the temps get too high it will kick on for some evaporative cooling.
CAD 003.PNG

CAD 004.PNG

CAD 005.PNG

Slow going as I have never used Fusion360 or a 3D printer so lots of missteps but at least I am having fun.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wish I had the patience to learn something new like that. My biggest challenge right now is learning how to change a toilet seat. Thank God for youtube.

OP
OP
F

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad no one who knew what they were doing had to watch me try to create this nozzle. I am sure they would of had fits. I am also sure I did it the most bass ackwards way possible :)

CAD 006.PNG

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad no one who knew what they were doing had to watch me try to create this nozzle. I am sure they would of had fits. I am also sure I did it the most bass ackwards way possible :)

CAD 006.PNG
Great job. I also changed out not 1 but 2 toilet seats successfully.

OP
OP
F

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First prototype rough assembled. Way to tall.

Made some modifications to the design to reduce the overall height and to help with assembly. Added a knock out for the light switch and power plugs for the fan and light. Decided to mount the fan outside the hood. to help reduce overall height as well.

No corals added yet as, even though it is the end of October, the MCT is getting to over 90 degrees. Yay for living in the desert. So I want to get my evap cooling and ATO all setup and running before putting any inhabitants into the MCT.

Going to start printing the new hood starting this next week. Below is an exploded view of the new setup.

1635734295001.png

OP
OP
F

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
029.jpg

November update.

Still no corals or inverts as of yet.

Been using the included sump as a reservoir for the ATO. You can see I have a nice cylinder plastic container to replace it as soon as I get plumbing sorted.

I am 3 revisions into the lid and I think I am just about ready to finalize it and hook up the light and fan. Testing wiring on the fan last night and it seems to be working with temp controller I got.

Hopefully this time next month I will have everything sorted out and complete and Get some Corals in it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back