Mini-Maxi burying himself

kkircher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
107
Location
Goleta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new mini maxi anemone and he started out on a rock, but moved to the sand bed. I know they like to bury their foot in sand, but mine is a deeper bed. I noticed he has sand in him so I lightly blew it off. Next day he had it agai so I though maybe it was to deep for him so I cleared sand out sound him to make the bed not so deep. Next day he has a lot of sand on him.

any ideas?

sorry for the blue on the image but you can see what I mean.

39E8F46E-241D-478A-84E5-5D26A5E9385E.jpeg
 
Anemones retract under the sand for safety, is not unusual.

You might consider putting your nem in a PVC end cap and then press that into the sand until just the rim is exposed. After a few weeks, if the nem has stayed in the end cap, you can probably push the cap down until you can't see it anymore. The nem thinks it's foot in in a nice hole in the rock.

Good luck.
 
Ok thanks for the advice I will try that. In the meantime do I need to keep blo
Anemones retract under the sand for safety, is not unusual.

You might consider putting your nem in a PVC end cap and then press that into the sand until just the rim is exposed. After a few weeks, if the nem has stayed in the end cap, you can probably push the cap down until you can't see it anymore. The nem thinks it's foot in in a nice hole in the rock.

Good luck.
thanks for the advice. In the meantime do I need to keep blowing sand off the anemone or does he have the ability to remove it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new