Mini-Maxi burying himself

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new mini maxi anemone and he started out on a rock, but moved to the sand bed. I know they like to bury their foot in sand, but mine is a deeper bed. I noticed he has sand in him so I lightly blew it off. Next day he had it agai so I though maybe it was to deep for him so I cleared sand out sound him to make the bed not so deep. Next day he has a lot of sand on him.

any ideas?

sorry for the blue on the image but you can see what I mean.

39E8F46E-241D-478A-84E5-5D26A5E9385E.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones retract under the sand for safety, is not unusual.

You might consider putting your nem in a PVC end cap and then press that into the sand until just the rim is exposed. After a few weeks, if the nem has stayed in the end cap, you can probably push the cap down until you can't see it anymore. The nem thinks it's foot in in a nice hole in the rock.

Good luck.

OP
OP
kkircher

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the advice I will try that. In the meantime do I need to keep blo
Anemones retract under the sand for safety, is not unusual.

You might consider putting your nem in a PVC end cap and then press that into the sand until just the rim is exposed. After a few weeks, if the nem has stayed in the end cap, you can probably push the cap down until you can't see it anymore. The nem thinks it's foot in in a nice hole in the rock.

Good luck.
thanks for the advice. In the meantime do I need to keep blowing sand off the anemone or does he have the ability to remove it?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back