Mini Maxi Carpet and Clowns disapearing....

GaryR46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have like 4 BTA and 1 mini maxi carpet. Been in the tank for 6 months or long. I have lost a few fish and never found them and really wasn't figuring out why. Then I have clown go missing! I get another one and it goes missing in few days. I been blaming the other clown.... Well last night 2 clowns are happy and rolling around in the biggest bta. Got up today and my female is gone now! I was ticked and I decided I was going to find her body! I started moving rocks and find her. There barely anything left and my clean up crew is little lacking there no way they did this in hours, beside what happened to her so fast!
I go to place the rocks back in there place and my little male is of course all over place wanting to bite me! and bam he hits the carpet and sticks! He is trying to get away and I grab him and get him away, soon as I let him go he floats to the bottom in shock. I get him and placed him into safe mushroom box and place the carpet into different box. He is alive but he looks bad lot of the skin is white and looks like peeling off. I never even thought that a carpet would kill clowns! anyone else with this issue?

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
S. tapetum aren't a host species of nem...

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yes, maxi minis will definitly take out fish in a heartbeat. mine has eaten at least 2 fish in the past year. If it ever ate one of my clowns I would literally take the rock it's on and toss it in the garbage, I have had them for a long time. Sorry about your losses!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mini maxi for year previously, never had a missing fish. I suppose it's possible, guess I will be more careful in the future.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a maxi mini for 3yrs and no problems at all. My clowns don't even go near it.

I did have a Ruby red dragonet go missing, but I can't blame the mini cause I have no evidence.

OP
OP
G

GaryR46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got find him new home I lost trust in him so he must go! Its such a beautiful creature and been growing and happy~! its such a hard thing but I cant lost more fish! I don't want to lose anymore of my fish kids.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got find him new home I lost trust in him so he must go! Its such a beautiful creature and been growing and happy~! its such a hard thing but I cant lost more fish! I don't want to lose anymore of my fish kids.

maybe a maxi mini nano tank is in order;)

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe a maxi mini nano tank is in order;)
I made an impulse buy on one of the auctions myself and afterwards realized I might not want it in any or my current tanks... so will probably do the same if I don't put it into my live rock curing tank (have a tank to make sure I always have LR on hand for cases like this...never know when I want to setup a new project :) )

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ok, I guess this happened (although the direct evidence seems slim?)

But can any experts tell us - Do healthy fish often stumble into carpet anemones? When being chased? At night?
Which fish are most at risk for this fate, and which fish will never be so clumsy in a million years?

OP
OP
G

GaryR46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there is a chance any fish can be caught by anemone but I never seen one latch onto a healthy clown! it happened in front of me and I had to peel him off and he didn't make it more few hours!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back