Mini maxis shrinking

oldschoolmarcel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think an emerald crab has take. A liking to my mini maxis. After years of growth, 3 out of the 5 I have have suddenly shrunk to a 5th of their size. Could there be another culprit? All the other corals are in good shape.
 
Could be, could be a worm of some kind, could be a fish has changed it's diet as it matures, could be shifts in microbiomes, could be increased competion for nutrients as other corals are growing if the amount fed fish hasn't changed. If you're not doing water changes I would suggest doing starting. Stop carbon dosing if you are, the labile DOC can cause pathogenic shifts in microbiomes. Check pH, alklinity, calcium and magnesium if you haven't already.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new