Mini Reactor Ideas for Red Sea Max Nano?

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
1,151
Location
Brevard County FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sirs/Ma'ams

Looking for some ideas on a mini reactor for 20g max nano cube. I have used the BRS Mini reactor on all my other tanks with great success but haven't had a chance to measure the MJ1200 pump to see if it'll fit in the small filtration area. I can hang the canister itself on the outside.

Or I'm open to other options/ideas on how to get phosphates down.

Thanks!
 
Yep I use the same one on all my tanks. Works good. Just not sure if the pump will fit in the back of the filter system. Very limited room.
You can get a different pump or split return off tank pump get a little bigger return pump and put valve in reactor side to control flow through reactor.
 
Last edited:
I use a nylon mesh bag with rowaphos to control phosphates I my RSR 525. Same with carbon.

IM makes a nice small reactor that I used in my smaller tank.
 
I have a 25g and I use the IM MiniMax desktop reactor, works great for its size and I have never had any issues with it. Also, very affordable. Hope this helps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new