Mini reef 120 peninsula mode (transparent back) possible?

Lerequin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2020
Messages
53
Reaction score
49
Location
Birmingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello mini 120 reefers,

8912EED9-0912-47AD-A187-4925D32008B0.jpeg

As I‘m plotting my own nano drop of ocean, my heart and mostly my wallet, are leaning towards a 60cm something tank.

I like the 3 side view on the Waterbox “peninsula” mini 25 (60x40x40) but it is an AIO. I’d prefer a sump so I can grow chaeto and sponges.

Another good candidate is the Aqua One mini reef 120 (60x45x45). It has a sump and the weir is in the corner, which is brilliant!
One issue though is that the only model I find in UK comes with a black back panel.
So one question to the mini reef owners with a black back: is the back panel made of plain black opaque glass or is it clear glass with a vinyl sheet I could peel off?

If you setup you mini reef 120 as a peninsula tank, or with a clear back, or have other mini 3 sided tanks in mind, your pictures are most welcome!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new