Minimalist Aquascaping

  • Thread starter Thread starter gpwdr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
20210613_154803.jpg
my tank is 2 months and loving the minimalist approach. Add live rock under in sump to have more surface area.
 
This thread has been alive for almost 7 years now which is amazing so I’m sure the original posters Reef Savvy tank is either not around anymore, or looks absolutely amazing. I wish I would have found this before I made my “minimalist” negative space aquascape, because although I love my scape it’s not what I envisioned. It’s also super hard, in my opinion to scape a 36x12x12, or I just suck at it. But here’s what I got! Haha 3BF64636-4547-486C-93B9-78E817D34343.jpeg
 
Actually, I think your scape is fantastic! But honestly, you’ve go to get yourself a black background to make it pop and hide the equipment/wires. It’s hard to see it’s true beauty ‘as-is.’ :)
 
sir, this is beautiful.
I use biodigest/bioptim.

I used to have a fairly minimalist aquascape but then all my corals grew and I accumulated too much crap on my sandbed :bigsmile:
Nov 4 2013 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

1 year by rich.colombo, on Flickr

I'm working on cleaning up corals on sandbed and thinning some pieces out to get it looking more open again
 
I really love the cornerstone branch scape you made. How did you secure that to the tank wall?
 
I'm getting a new reef savvy 120 gallon tank and would like to take the minimalist approach to aquascaping.

Anybody have some nice reef tank pictures so I can get some ideas?

Gene
 

Attachments

  • E9880536-93B3-4295-911E-A33A63356265.jpeg
    E9880536-93B3-4295-911E-A33A63356265.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 272

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new