Minnesota Zoo

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MN zoo located in Apple Valley has a very nice marine setup(Discovery Bay) which includes a well done surging tidepool, a very nice reef tank with huge sps colonies, a shallow shark and ray pool for petting, a very good size(thousands of gallons) marine fish display that includes sharks and tons of beautiful fish, a nice seahorse display, a brackish tank, and last but certainly not least a Sea Dragon tank which has two species of sea dragons(link with info Minnesota Zoo ).

If you get tired of looking at coral and fish(could take hours;) they have some very well done exhibits, the newest of which is the Russian coast which has sea otters, grizzlies, etc. Also, the Minnesota trail exhibit is great and you can get up close and personal with wolverines, and many other exotic MN animals. I almost forgot about the KOMODO DRAGON that they have in the Tropics building, he just lays there but it's still pretty awesome.

We usually go in either the spring or the fall as the animals seem to be a bit more active.

Prices:
AgeZoo OnlyZoo/IMAX
Combo*
0-2FreeFree
3-12$12.00$18.50*
13-64$18.00$25.75*
65+$12.00$18.50*
Parking Cars: $7.00, Buses: $10.00 and Motor coaches: $15.00

If you would like more info just click the sea dragon link above...

While I haven't seen more than 4 or 5 other zoos in my life, I can say in my very uneducated opinion that the MN zoo is probably now one of the top zoos in the U.S.

ps. I know I have some pics somewhere but at the moment can't find'em :(

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.0%
Back