Miracles Aquariums experience!

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking about buying a Miracles aquarium? Or do you have one?

Let me share,

So my Starphire front panel on my tank, has slowly gotten a haze in spots. As I'm picky considering the price spent. It's only noticable looking bottom up. Which knowone would ever notice, expect me while I sit on the floor with my daughter looking up at it. I'd literally have to point it out to show anyone. But regardless, its frustrating.

After many hours spent on different forms. The consensus was that the panel was installed wrong (tin side of glass, on wrong side). As this has happened to others, and the haze symptoms are nearly identical.

So after contacting Derek at Miracles he jumped all over it. Reassured me they have many steps in place for this to never happen. But they wanted to make sure, and to prove to me how they check it. They sent an employee out to my house and checked. It IS installed correctly.

From there, Derek from Miracles wasnt satisfied and was going to reach out to the glass supplier.

Glass company's response, is one you could just imagine is text book, that they would say. "Your clients tank hazing must be caused due to bad water, wether hard water or chemistry".

So as a plumber by trade. Complete bs response by glass company. My water is softened, my incoming TDS is only 5. And to top it all off, tank has only had water in it coming up on a year. Derek also agrees that bs from glass company.

So Derek said regardless their response, he's not happy with what they said, or my tank has the haze in spots.

After discussing whether doing it now, or when I tear the tank down in 3-5 years. He will make a brand new panel, and replace it in my house at my convenience. Understandably I'm reluctant to do it now as tank is stable and growing sps like crazy. But in future or now, they will change it indefinatly.

Miracles Aquariums goes above and beyond to stand behind their products and their name. Derek is top notch, just like the quality of their tanks.

Tyler

Picture of tank currently, with no filter on my phone. Cheers

20200214_135057.jpg

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that no matter what everyone says, what a company does when there is an issue is what sets them apart. Is every tank going to be perfect, no, and it's ludicrous to think so. I've heard of some even having issues with Reef Savvy tanks, now granted these are extremely rare situations, but it has happened. I know of two other issues with Miracles Tanks and both were resolved leaving happy customers. One even involved Derek Flying out to a customers home and replacing an overflow. I'm happy that they have managed to come up with a solution that you seem to be happy with Tyler, now the great debate on whether or not you do it now or later...

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is really going the extra mile, that is fantastic to hear. They are on my list to contact when I upgrade in the future, reading things like this makes me rank them higher even without knowing a quote.

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread title terrified me because I just had my Miracles tank built nearly a year ago and I thought you were going to tell me yours collapsed.
Good on Derek for taking care of you. Leaves me hopeful if a problem ever comes up with mine.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are well worth it. Even in the situation I ended up in, still love their product

I think that no matter what everyone says, what a company does when there is an issue is what sets them apart. Is every tank going to be perfect, no, and it's ludicrous to think so. I've heard of some even having issues with Reef Savvy tanks, now granted these are extremely rare situations, but it has happened. I know of two other issues with Miracles Tanks and both were resolved leaving happy customers. One even involved Derek Flying out to a customers home and replacing an overflow. I'm happy that they have managed to come up with a solution that you seem to be happy with Tyler, now the great debate on whether or not you do it now or later...
Absolutely agree @JoshH

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear, hopefully one day I can get a custom tank from them. I'm just using a stock miracles tank, so I never dealt with them directly, but it's survived a long distance move that killed another off the shelf tank and has held water since 2006 non stop less the move. Their tanks are built to last.

sempsis101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% Satisfied Miracles Customer here!!!

I bought my 180g with hang on the back coast to coast sump from Miracles about two years ago. I live in Florida and had my tank shipped all the way from Canada. The shipping container was extremely well packaged and everything came in perfect. Derek made the process smooth and easy and asked all the right questions. The overflow was partially made out of Plexiglas that can easily be removed and cleaned. All in All I am 100% satisfied and have ZERO reservations about ordering from them in the future.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back