miscarage?

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lined seahorse does not look pregnant anymore I saw the egg transfer last sat and he looked pregnant yester day and he does not today what happened i am so sad i was really wanting this what did i do wrong what happened the temp is 71-72 all other par in check sal 22 feeding three time a day two weekly water canges vacucum the bootom every day blow off rock one a week no new additions there is four horse 2 male 2 female i dont even see any remanents of fry any ideas

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lined seahorse does not look pregnant anymore I saw the egg transfer last sat and he looked pregnant yester day and he does not today what happened i am so sad i was really wanting this what did i do wrong what happened the temp is 71-72 all other par in check sal 22 feeding three time a day two weekly water canges vacucum the bootom every day blow off rock one a week no new additions there is four horse 2 male 2 female i dont even see any remanents of fry any ideas
While he was courting and just after when he was settling the eggs he may have been inflating his pouch. It has not been that long since the egg transfer so he might not look very pregnant yet. My stallion carried fry for 19 days and he got very pregnant looking the last week, not so much before that. So I would not assume that he miscarried yet. If he is more reclusive than before he probably is pregnant.

OP
OP
M

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While he was courting and just after when he was settling the eggs he may have been inflating his pouch. It has not been that long since the egg transfer so he might not look very pregnant yet. My stallion carried fry for 19 days and he got very pregnant looking the last week, not so much before that. So I would not assume that he miscarried yet. If he is more reclusive than before he probably is pregnant.
Thank you so much for the hope he looked pregnant for the past week and then just today looks very empty. Do you still think it poss that he is pregnant. I appreciate the fed back it has amazed me how atached to a fish one can get. When all is well it is amazing and fantastic, when things hit a hicup ulsres come a knocken. I

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the hope he looked pregnant for the past week and then just today looks very empty. Do you still think it poss that he is pregnant. I appreciate the fed back it has amazed me how atached to a fish one can get. When all is well it is amazing and fantastic, when things hit a hicup ulsres come a knocken. I
You should have a good idea if he is pregnant in a week and a half. Is he eating ok and seem normal otherwise? Your number 1 priority is him. It would be sad if he has prematurely expelled the fry, but if he is in good health he will undoubtedly court again and you will get another opportunity. However if something seems off with him, your best chances of minimalizing a negative effect is to rectify any problems quickly.

OP
OP
M

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have a good idea if he is pregnant in a week and a half. Is he eating ok and seem normal otherwise? Your number 1 priority is him. It would be sad if he has prematurely expelled the fry, but if he is in good health he will undoubtedly court again and you will get another opportunity. However if something seems off with him, your best chances of minimalizing a negative effect is to rectify any problems quickly.
Thank you he seems totaly fine eating normaly swimming around normal nothing looks or is acting different. Thank you again so much for replying I am new to all this and its is nice to have help from someone who has more experience.

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may have re absorbed the eggs. I am sure he will try again either way! I just had my barbouri male do the same thing and he just got another batch today. Hoping he carries these ones

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may have re absorbed the eggs. I am sure he will try again either way! I just had my barbouri male do the same thing and he just got another batch today. Hoping he carries these ones
I had not heard of that. Perhaps its not as common in H erectus as barbouris.

OP
OP
M

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the hope and good luck with this new pregnancey

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back