Missbars?

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well heres my question. I have a pair of missbars. When they breed what are the chances that they'll produce missbared childeren? Dosnt it have to do with water quality ? And not genetics ?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious why would you think water quality? I do not know enough about dominate genes/traits of clown fish to even guess the possibility of passing on the misbar trait.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are more likely to pass it on to their offspring. That doesn't mean you will only get misbar offspring, you will get a mix.

Water quality also plays a big role in misbars.

Poor water quality = more misbars

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, hmmm. So when I go to purchase fish from a vendor that offers say black and white misbars, that trait is both influenced by poor water quality and genetics. When you say poor water quality, are we talking elevated nitrates?

OP
OP
T

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep And the waters chemistry. Lets say you feed often but dont clean the Rearing tank worth a darn. The Rites and rates will rise and Cause "mutations"

on the other hand iv heard people say if its to clean you can get stunted growth witch also causes missbars. LOL

I was just wondering If while there growing it would Permanently change their genetic makeup. i was thinking i would get a mix also. idk if ill get to find out. the female is acting kinda goofy. Labored , fast breathing and Dosnt want to swim. Might be beacuse there in a new tank but Idk. ive dipped and treated with Neoplex. ( all i have on hand now) I have my fingers crossed.......

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back