Missing a fish could my anenome be the killer

Joshua Agostoni

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2017
Messages
424
Reaction score
116
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a long tipped anemone and ive had him for about 2 months. when i first got him he was bleached and now he is a beautiful salmon color. However I had 3 blue/green chomies and now i have two. So i'm missing a fish for days now this is not normal. I've looked all over the tank around the tank in the filter the skimmer everywhere, no sign of this fish. I'm wondering if maybe he got eaten up by the anemone if he just died i would never find him i have plenty of scavengers to eat his remains just wondering if this could happen.

Any thoughts?
 
posting this in the anemone section if a mod can delete it
 
That could be either of the two. Sometimes chromis will bully each other to death. Then the cleanup crew could have gotten it or the anemone. Or perhaps snagged off the bat from the nem :rolleyes:
 
I moved this over to nem forum since there were responses.

My guess is you've experienced a thinning of the hurd by the remaining Chromis. Unless the missing Chromis was already ill and very weak, I wouldn't think the nem is the culprit here. Obviously just my $.02.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new