Missing ehermits

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g AIO with 2 scarlets, 2 electric blue & 1 zebra hermit. I used to see all of them regularly but in the last week or so I only see the 2 scarlets & occasionally the zebra.

Last night I overturned a shell that had been in the same spot for well over a week w/o moving & it was one of my blues.. alive. I moved him to the lower side of my scape & this AM the shell is empty?

I have plenty of misc sized shells for growth but this puzzled me. I haven’t noticed any random body parts & haven’t seen any spike in water parameters. Did the two blues die? Of my original 6 hermits they were the aggressors so I actually expected the opposite.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g AIO with 2 scarlets, 2 electric blue & 1 zebra hermit. I used to see all of them regularly but in the last week or so I only see the 2 scarlets & occasionally the zebra.

Last night I overturned a shell that had been in the same spot for well over a week w/o moving & it was one of my blues.. alive. I moved him to the lower side of my scape & this AM the shell is empty?

I have plenty of misc sized shells for growth but this puzzled me. I haven’t noticed any random body parts & haven’t seen any spike in water parameters. Did the two blues die? Of my original 6 hermits they were the aggressors so I actually expected the opposite.
A good way to do a head count is to turn flow off, feed pellets and let the pellets sink to the bottom in the front of your tank where you can watch. All your hermits should come running.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back