Missing fish?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok went to bed last night all fish accounted for. Woke up and my clown is MIA! I don’t understand. No body. No fish. I went to work an hour late because of this. Moved some rocks. Looked in the sump and even the overflow. Checked the floor (honestly if she ended up there I would t know because either a cat or a dog would have got her.

I am sad. Other fish are fine. Did find a 1 dead hermit and my urchin was dead (urchin only in the tank for 10 days).

going to bring a sample I took this morning to LFS this afternoon after work. I’m going to get ready to do a water change tomorrow. Have to pick up water and get it mixed tonight. Checked salinity and that was fine.

many mandarin is the smallest fish in the tank and she was fine.

I am seriously confused

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chances are if it has died your cuc would of demolished it during the night, but fish have a good way of hiding, I have had this problem a few times and they have turned up, do you have a anemone in the tank?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to mention to check your overflow again. Move the pipes if you’re able. My clown disappeared for nearly 4 weeks and I found her in the overflow box two days ago.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chances are if it has died your cuc would of demolished it during the night, but fish have a good way of hiding, I have had this problem a few times and they have turned up, do you have a anemone in the tank?
I do have 3 anemones to bubbles and one mini maxi carpet nem. I only have a couple hermits at least one brittle starfish and a handful of snails
Just want to mention to check your overflow again. Move the pipes if you’re able. My clown disappeared for nearly 4 weeks and I found her in the overflow box two days ago.
I checked the tank side of the overflow and the backside. Opened up the valve all the way on the overflow as well.

I double check everything when I get home from work again.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember that scene from finding nemo when they were in the tank and nemo swam up the tube and into the overflow? mine did that and ended up in my sump fuge - i found it hiding in my chaeto 1 week later when i was cleaning my fuge.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember that scene from finding nemo when they were in the tank and nemo swam up the tube and into the overflow? mine did that and ended up in my sump fuge - i found it hiding in my chaeto 1 week later when i was cleaning my fuge.
Pretty sure she couldn’t fit through the weir but I’ll be double checking my entire sump when I get home

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only missing clowns I had were in the sump and overflow area

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back