Missing Goby and Shrimp

OlPainless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen my yellow watchman goby for over a week and now my peppermint shrimp is MIA. It's a small 36 gallon tank so there are only x amount of hiding spots. Could a tank mate be killing and eating them? I have a coral beauty, clown fish, royal gramma, fire goby, orange tail damsel, banded serpent sea star, cleaner shrimp, emerald crab some small hermits and snails. I haven't found any suicides around the tank so I am just at a loss! All fish/shrimp/sea star were getting along fine and now 2 missing critters.

Jack biocube 32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be your emerald crab. I had an emerald crab that size and he got my diamond watchman goby and a peppermint shrimp. I also watched him attempt to take out my maroon clown. If I were you I would get him out of there.

OP
OP
OlPainless

OlPainless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be your emerald crab. I had an emerald crab that size and he got my diamond watchman goby and a peppermint shrimp. I also watched him attempt to take out my maroon clown. If I were you I would get him out of there.
That problem solved itself this weekend. Came home Sunday to find the emerald crab dead.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back