Missing Neon Goby and Porcelain Crab

COYGs14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed them both in there yesterday
evening
Took out the rock this morning and no sign of them. The emerald was on the rock and climb off when placed down but no sign of porcelain. Neon goby got eaten I believe no sign of him in filter/power head/floor around aquarium.
I did my best impression of Jeremy Wade and I believe the Royal Gramma might have done it. I change the water daily. Water conditions are fine. Bit over crowded but they all have there own areas.
15 gallon
2 clowns
2 cardinal
1 Royal gramma
4 hermit crabs
1 orange spotted goby
1 emerald crab

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcelain crabs are filter feeders, so chances are it's hanging out on/around a coral or anemone somewhere. The goby is either in the overflow, on the floor or hiding somewhere in the rocks. I don't think the royal gramma is responsible (the ones I've had have never given a second look at any kind of crab or small fish).

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was afraid mine would go through the overflow, in 10 months hasn’t happened even once. They can Cling to anything, return nozzles, black overflow, rocks, wrapped around a magnet, on the glass at the waterline, are almost impossible to see. Very Smart Fish, knows when the auto-feeder, is getting ready to run. Also knows where to go for frozen food, when the pumps, are delay shutdown. If you have some frozen brine shrimp, put a little bit in the tank, and see if it appears. Of course it may be too early, if it hasn’t settled in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back