Stocking questions

scottier barney

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this stocking okay for a 55 gal? I could possibly move up to a 75 gal too. 2 percula or skunk clownfish, 1 azure damsel, 1 royal gramma, 1 emerald crab, 1 porcelain crab, 1 firefish goby, 1 pistol shrimp, 1 watchman goby, 1 yellow clown goby, 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 flasher wrasse or fairy wrasse, some snails and some hermit crabs. Any and all advice is appreciated, I’ve never done saltwater before, but I have 5 freshwater tanks.
 
Welcome to R2R. I would go with a 75g and cycle the tank first unless youre using live rock. You dont need the pepermint shrimp, those are for when you have aptasia infestation on the tank. You can get a cleaner shrimp, better to clean the fishes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new