Missing orange back fairy wrasse

Marti3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got an orange back fairy wrasse today I acclimated and all that good stuff I put him.in my dt and he was out swimming about, a few hours later I realized one of my zoas frags was missing so I moved a few of my rocks around to find it and realized i cant find my wrasse. What are the chances I somehow crushed him when I moved a rock? I dont have a kid and i know they're jumpers but I've been sitting in my living room since hes been in the tank so unless he jumped out and my dog scooped him up with out me noticing, I dont think he could have jumped. What are your opinions on where my wrasse might be.
P.s. I checked my sump not there either.

Chef Mateo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got an orange back fairy wrasse today I acclimated and all that good stuff I put him.in my dt and he was out swimming about, a few hours later I realized one of my zoas frags was missing so I moved a few of my rocks around to find it and realized i cant find my wrasse. What are the chances I somehow crushed him when I moved a rock? I dont have a kid and i know they're jumpers but I've been sitting in my living room since hes been in the tank so unless he jumped out and my dog scooped him up with out me noticing, I dont think he could have jumped. What are your opinions on where my wrasse might be.
They are pretty good at hiding. It's only the first day you have him so he is probably just hiding and will come out in a day or two. Good luck finding him :)

Arlen nemeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont have a lid it most likely jumped they will do it especially when new. Some wrasses like to eitjer hid or sleep in the sand dont think fairy wrasses do though, but could be doing the same?

Chef Mateo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont have a lid it most likely jumped they will do it especially when new. Some wrasses like to eitjer hid or sleep in the sand dont think fairy wrasses do though, but could be doing the same?
Yea a fairy wrasse shouldn't go in the sand more likely they will hide somewhere else :)

OP
OP
Marti3

Marti3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dont feel like he jumped, I'm just so worried I some how trapped him under the rock or something, although I did double let check nothing under the rock...hopefully he is just cocooned somewhere deep in one of my rocks sleeping

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back