Missing Wav's in Apex Fusion (help)

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a power outage. No problem since it was only like 5 minutes right?
Wrong.
Power comes back on but 3 of the 4 Wav pumps do not come back on. They say "Missing" in fusion.
My trident is disconnected in fusion.

How do I fix this?
I put in a ticket to Neptune in case i can't get then working on my own.
I hope this is an easy no money fix.

Please help if you can...

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disconnected then reconnected the Wav's and the Trident from the EB32's.
The Trident came back up but 3 of the 4 Wav's are still not working and showing as "missing" in Apex Fusion.
Screenshot_20200225-100931_Apex Fusion.jpg

I contacted Neptune. I am still waiting for help from them but I would love to get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Please help if you can.

thewbell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the pumps on different 1link boxes? I just had an issue with both of mine missing and tried deleting them and adding again along with several other things and ultimately discovered that one of the pumps had a short and was causing the entire 1link module to shut down. If the problem Wavs are on a 1link (and not EB832) check the power supply and see if it is blinking. If so, a pump is shorted out.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect four wav pumps to a single EB832. Are the three missing on one EB and the other on a second EB? Remove the missing pumps one at a time to see if one has shorted and has disabled the others.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect four wav pumps to a single EB832. Are the three missing on one EB and the other on a second EB? Remove the missing pumps one at a time to see if one has shorted and has disabled the others.

I have two EB32's.
I have 4 wav's and the Trident connected to the EB32's using 1link ports on the EB32's.

I also have 1 Dos connected via aquabus to EB32.

I will disconnect one at a time and see what happens.

I will also disconnect the trident and plug in each Wav to that port since I know that port is working.
Hopefully I can get them going again. I've only had them up and running for about a week or so.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Wav's situated in a certain way in the tank. They are also named so I know which one is which.

Left High
Left Low
Right High
Right Low

Here's what I found out.
When I unplug them 1 at a time, things happen.
Left High and Right High both seem to work but only if Right Low is unplugged. If Right Low is plugged in, Left High still works but Right High does not work.

If Left Low is plugged in, both Left High and Right High still work.

Neither Left Low or Right Low seem to work.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird...

My Dos was showing as disconnected. I reloaded the update and got a notification that I had a new tile.
It was a Dos tile. I dragged it down into fusion and It seems like I'm good to go on the Dos. It has a different address but it's working.

I tried the same thing with the Wav's but it did not work.
The Right Low Wav is clearly bad. If plugged in, it takes out the other 1link ports.
Left Low does nothing.

I have a phone consultation with Neptune schedule for today at 5pm.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I always highly recommend with the 2016 apex is putting an UPS on the brain. I had all sorts of odd behavior with outlets and new tiles when the brain lost power, so I put it on an UPS and haven’t had any issues since with power outages.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had Neptune call me.
They did whatever it is they do in troubleshooting via teamviewer.

They said I have 1 Wav that appears to be dead and the other has a short.

They want me to send both problem Wav's in so they can do whatever they do to repair or replace.
Don't know yet if it's on them (warranty) or me yet.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I always highly recommend with the 2016 apex is putting an UPS on the brain. I had all sorts of odd behavior with outlets and new tiles when the brain lost power, so I put it on an UPS and haven’t had any issues since with power outages.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread. @ca1ore - can give me some more information on putting the Apex brain on a UPS? If I plug the adapter in my UPS instead of the wall then don't I lose the ability to have the Apex recognize when there's a power failure?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. @ca1ore - can give me some more information on putting the Apex brain on a UPS? If I plug the adapter in my UPS instead of the wall then don't I lose the ability to have the Apex recognize when there's a power failure?

@SuncrestReef

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You need to buy the wall wart power supply and plug that into the UPS. Energy bars will still be plugged into regular outlets so the apex will know if they’ve lost power. Plus if the brain loses power than it’s not like it can send you any notifications LOL. You should still get a heartbeat notification that the fusion server has ‘lost’ connection .... well, unless you have your routers/modem/etc. on the UPS too.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MickeysFins

You need to buy the wall wart power supply and plug that into the UPS. Energy bars will still be plugged into regular outlets so the apex will know if they’ve lost power. Plus if the brain loses power than it’s not like it can send you any notifications LOL. You should still get a heartbeat notification that the fusion server has ‘lost’ connection .... well, unless you have your routers/modem/etc. on the UPS too.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Plug the 12v Auxiliary power adapter into a regular wall outlet, and plug the EnergyBar(s) into the UPS battery. Enable "Power Monitoring" in the Apex Misc Setup screen. Once this is done, the Apex will be able to detect a power failure because the 12v adapter will lose power, but the UPS will continue supplying power to the EnergyBars which in turn power the Apex through AquaBus:

image5-17[1].png

See my tutorial on Apex Power Monitoring for detailed instructions to set this up and how to program the Apex to selectively turn off higher-power devices to preserve the battery life. See https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-4-power-monitoring.698/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that makes sense. In my case, with a standby generator, it’s easier for me to just connect the brain to the UPS. Since my generator kicks in after 30 seconds, it’s really no big deal to have the energy bars into the wall.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back