missing yellow coris wrasse

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of you ever had a coris wrasse or any wrasse go missing for a few days then come back out? my yellow coris ive had for 1 1/2 years he always comes out to feed and i haven't seen him in about 2 days getting worried. nothing new has been added to the tank in about 7 or 8 months so i can rule out any disease. I wish i knew where his cave is, but in the time since ive had him i have no idea where he buries himself lol

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but it's unusual for wrasses. They are good jumpers so I'd be looking behind the tank and stand. It's also possible it had a chronic problem for months or years that finally did it in. Old age is also a possubility.
Yea thats what i was thinking but it looks like i overreacted i finally saw him pop out of his sand bed and hes back now and he ate too so i guess i panicked over nothing

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses can vanish for a few days randomly however it’s more uncommon for that to happen. I personally wouldn’t over react too much next time as Halichoeres are sand sleepers and so will be in the sand. Did you change your lighting schedule at all? If so then that’s a big possibility too.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses can vanish for a few days randomly however it’s more uncommon for that to happen. I personally wouldn’t over react too much next time as Halichoeres are sand sleepers and so will be in the sand. Did you change your lighting schedule at all? If so then that’s a big possibility too.
nah i haven't changed my lighting schedule in a year

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an Orange Back Wrasse about a month ago. He swam around for a while and then hid. I figure it was a goner after being gone for a week. On the 8th day it popped out and has been out ever since.

However I have tried 2 Yellow Coris Wrasses and never saw them again.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an Orange Back Wrasse about a month ago. He swam around for a while and then hid. I figure it was a goner after being gone for a week. On the 8th day it popped out and has been out ever since.

However I have tried 2 Yellow Coris Wrasses and never saw them again.
yea this one i got from another reef member in my local reef club because i tried 2 times to QT a yellow coris and every time they died while in QT so if this one disappeared i would be very upset lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back