Missouri gang

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Springfield. I haven't been to Ozarksreef Aquaria since the new owner took over and renovated, but hope to get there soon. The last few times I've gone to the Aquarium Shoppe I've felt invisible / ignored. I'm hoping the new fish store in town will get them to step up their game. I like the new store, Simply Reef Aquatic, and am looking forward to their frag section getting set up. I buy bags of Instant Ocean and other random dry goods from the W. Sunshine Petco. They have a few workers there who seem to genuinely care for the aquarium livestock and have some general knowledge. I have nothing good to say about the Petco on Glenstone.
I am glad to see a few other reefers from this area on here.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Springfield. I haven't been to Ozarksreef Aquaria since the new owner took over and renovated, but hope to get there soon. The last few times I've gone to the Aquarium Shoppe I've felt invisible / ignored. I'm hoping the new fish store in town will get them to step up their game. I like the new store, Simply Reef Aquatic, and am looking forward to their frag section getting set up. I buy bags of Instant Ocean and other random dry goods from the W. Sunshine Petco. They have a few workers there who seem to genuinely care for the aquarium livestock and have some general knowledge. I have nothing good to say about the Petco on Glenstone.
I am glad to see a few other reefers from this area on here.

OzarksReef is the place to be... David has really put a lot of work into it. Stocking some very nice corals and fishes.

Simply Reef has been working on their coral room, but not quite there yet. It'll be good to have more than one LFS worth going to. They've got a full line of Rod's foods, which is excellent. I picked up a blue throat wrasse in there a couple of weeks ago. Price was reasonable. They'd held him in quarantine for two weeks... worth a little extra to me. Fish is happy and healthy.

I was in Aquarium Shoppe last weekend, looking for a T5 bulb. Didn't find it. I don't buy livestock from here anymore, probably never will again. Harold is a good guy, but he really pays very little attention to the store. His business is in maintaining aquariums.

Unless I need frozen mysis, maybe a thermometer... something like that, I'm not going in a petco.

Come on out to OzarkReefs :) I'll be there tomorrow, shortly after noon.

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OzarksReef is the place to be... David has really put a lot of work into it. Stocking some very nice corals and fishes.

Simply Reef has been working on their coral room, but not quite there yet. It'll be good to have more than one LFS worth going to. They've got a full line of Rod's foods, which is excellent. I picked up a blue throat wrasse in there a couple of weeks ago. Price was reasonable. They'd held him in quarantine for two weeks... worth a little extra to me. Fish is happy and healthy.

I was in Aquarium Shoppe last weekend, looking for a T5 bulb. Didn't find it. I don't buy livestock from here anymore, probably never will again. Harold is a good guy, but he really pays very little attention to the store. His business is in maintaining aquariums.

Unless I need frozen mysis, maybe a thermometer... something like that, I'm not going in a petco.

Come on out to OzarkReefs :) I'll be there tomorrow, shortly after noon.

I'll have to see if I can make it out to Nixa tomorrow to say Hi. :) On the T5 front, Simply Reef special ordered a couple of ATI bulbs for me last month.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to see if I can make it out to Nixa tomorrow to say Hi. :) On the T5 front, Simply Reef special ordered a couple of ATI bulbs for me last month.
Yeah, they told me they'd do that... I was looking for something right now. I found it... buddy had an unused fixture with bulbs in it. Long term, I'll order them from BRS. They really know how to pack bulbs. Should have ordered some with the fixture, just wasn't thinking.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Introduce yourself... I'm easy to spot :)

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they told me they'd do that... I was looking for something right now. I found it... buddy had an unused fixture with bulbs in it. Long term, I'll order them from BRS. They really know how to pack bulbs. Should have ordered some with the fixture, just wasn't thinking.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Introduce yourself... I'm easy to spot :)

We didn't make it there until 12:30. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say Hi.
It's a really nice store!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We didn't make it there until 12:30. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say Hi.
It's a really nice store!
You didn't stay long... I didn't make it in until 1 :)

Some other time.

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all. We've been in St. Louis for the weekend. I may be able to talk my husband into taking me by one reef store before we head home. It looks like the ones nearby that might be options are The Corner Reef, Seascape Studios or Gateway Aquatics. So... if I can only go to one, which one?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all. We've been in St. Louis for the weekend and are heading home today. I may be able to talk my husband into taking me by one reef store before we head home today. It looks like the ones nearby that might be options are The Corner Reef, Seascape Studios or Gateway Aquatics. So... if I can only go to one, which one?
try to make time for all 3

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try to make time for all 3
I would love that, but my husband is balking at even stopping by just one. Yesterday we did art museum and aquarium at union station. This morning we may be going to science museum. If we don't just sit and chat with friends for a few hours.

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all. We've been in St. Louis for the weekend. I may be able to talk my husband into taking me by one reef store before we head home. It looks like the ones nearby that might be options are The Corner Reef, Seascape Studios or Gateway Aquatics. So... if I can only go to one, which one?
The corner reef for sure!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back