Misty water

Georges Tawil

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I’ve been having this problem with my fish tank for a few weeks. Before it happened, my water was absolutely fine but one night I found one my turbo snails eating the algae form the filter tubes (The one that sucks the water) and then, the next morning, the water started to look dirty or cloudy.

Any help with this? Maybe the snail let go of something of himself inside the tube?
 
How long has the tank been running?
Did you dose anything into the tank?
Can you tell if its silt from the sand, or bacteria bloom? Maybe a picture will help identify.
 
It’s been running for mora than a year and half.
I didn’t dose anything into it.
I don’t think it’s the sand because since I started it never happened with the sand.
And yes I’ll upload a picture ASAP.

Thank you!
 
How long has the tank been running?
Did you dose anything into the tank?
Can you tell if its silt from the sand, or bacteria bloom? Maybe a picture will help identify.
IMG_7998.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7996.jpeg
    IMG_7996.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7997.jpeg
    IMG_7997.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 28

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new