Mitras Lightbar 2's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moonlight will probably be to strong for your taste - I would test with the blue channel of the RGB. And remember - if you want to test with moonlight - you need to put that channel to at least 1 % brightness during that time you want to have moonlight

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moonlight will probably be to strong for your taste - I would test with the blue channel of the RGB. And remember - if you want to test with moonlight - you need to put that channel to at least 1 % brightness during that time you want to have moonlight

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks, I tried it last night with a mix of mostly blue, and just a little bit of cool white. That seemed to look right. The "moon" was at 20% of what I had set it to and it was a good amount. I'll keep my eye on it as it waxes and see if I need to lower it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting profile after comparing @Lasse is not as white, and I do not have the green and reds on full. I am thinking seriously in trying it :)
peak_different.png

I am slowly ramping in my peak time but want to do 3 hours from 11:00 - 1:00

map_light.png

I use a Mitras Simulation Bar to do Moonlight. So Can not comment on the moon light with the Mitras LightBars.

Like @Lasse All my white channels are affected by Rain and Cloudy Days and Thunderstorms.
white_Channel.png

But my Other channels are all just Season Lighting
Red_channel.png

I am using a Deep Antic 160 and an Antic 160 for my tank in the Dining Room, and the Living Room. (I like them alot)

I uploaded my project file do not forget to rename it to a .lpc extension.

Attachments

• LightProject_DiningRoom.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 329
OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting profile after comparing @Lasse is not as white, and I do not have the green and reds on full. I am thinking seriously in trying it :)
peak_different.png

map_light.png

I use a Mitras Simulation Bar to do Moonlight. So Can not comment on the moon light with the Mitras LightBars.

Like @Lasse All my white channels are affected by Rain and Cloudy Days and Thunderstorms.
white_Channel.png

Red_channel.png

I am using a Deep Antic 160 and an Antic 160 for my tank in the Dining Room, and the Living Room. (I like them alot)

Thanks very much, that's helpful.

You were right too, in that I forgot to rename Lasse's. My problem is that because I'm just running the Profilux Light for now I have to be next to the tank and plugged in by USB to even view these (as far as I know?).

So that means the weekend...

I am really liking the moonlight on the Lightbars by the way. Having the blue, with a bit of white, really makes it look like moonlight.

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren
To view the file you do not need to be USB but play(simulation) the file and see what the light does then yes the USB cable to the P4 :)

For the blue with a bit of white are you just setting the blue intensity higher then the white?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren
To view the file you do not need to be USB but play(simulation) the file and see what the light does then yes the USB cable to the P4 :)

For the blue with a bit of white are you just setting the blue intensity higher then the white?
Hi there,

I have the Profilux Light. So when I'm not connected by USB I'm not connected to any device at all. So I can't open the file anywhere that I can see.

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have configurate my white channels to respond to clouds and to respond to two rainy days a week (Monday and Thursday) Cloud darkening 30 % and rainy days 50 %. The white channels will respond to temperature reduction. The RGB and blue - always after my schedule. I do not use moonlight simulation as I have my refugium light going into the DT during nights.

Sincerely Lasse
Can you share a bit more on how you have the Clouds and Rainy Days set up and what the effect is?
do you use seasonal lighting at all?

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peak_different.png

map_light.png

white_Channel.png

Red_channel.png

How random are the clouds and thunder storms? Are the rainy days always the same?

Thanks again for your help.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - No problem glad to help.

I wish i knew the the pattern to the clouds heheh. it does seem Random time to ask the experts @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA. I been trying to play with the numbers but there is another random number we are not seeing because if if I set it to something small there is a random pause between cloud events. Rainy days, are the same rainy days but again the times for the event on those days seem to be random. The Thunderstorm is 100% random if you choose the random interval, I have only seen one so far but I have mine set to max for thunderstorms.

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - No problem glad to help.

I wish i knew the the pattern to the clouds heheh. it does seem Random time to ask the experts @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA. I been trying to play with the numbers but there is another random number we are not seeing because if if I set it to something small there is a random pause between cloud events. Rainy days, are the same rainy days but again the times for the event on those days seem to be random. The Thunderstorm is 100% random if you choose the random interval, I have only seen one so far but I have mine set to max for thunderstorms.

Clouds seems to be just random :) I have mine like this

Screen Shot 07-17-18 at 01.14 PM.PNG

Sincerely Lasse

Helpful as always.

When you say "the events" for rainy days are random you mean that there are periods where the effect is active, as opposed to it being the full day?

Or (if you just selected Monday for example) that it's only Mondays but not necessarily every Monday?

It would be nice to impact the pumps as well if I had those set up...

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The event for rainy days when you choose them does not seem to affect the entire day but a random time on that day.

It hard to figure out because no logs show the event start or stop time :). So it that I set it and look and the light changes but not all day.

I also can not answer if you select Tuesday is it every Tuesday because it seems like it not always Tuesday

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helpful as always.

When you say "the events" for rainy days are random you mean that there are periods where the effect is active, as opposed to it being the full day?

Or (if you just selected Monday for example) that it's only Mondays but not necessarily every Monday?

It would be nice to impact the pumps as well if I had those set up...

Cheers, Tony

As Ditto - I can´t answer that - I thought it affect every Monday and Friday - whole days but I have to check it up -

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The event for rainy days when you choose them does not seem to affect the entire day but a random time on that day.

It hard to figure out because no logs show the event start or stop time :). So it that I set it and look and the light changes but not all day.

I also can not answer if you select Tuesday is it every Tuesday because it seems like it not always Tuesday

As Ditto - I can´t answer that - I thought it affect every Monday and Friday - whole days but I have to check it up -

Sincerely Lasse

A question for @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA then.

Could you guys shed some light on how the rainy day and clouds effects are implemented?

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last weekend I borrowed a par meter from my LFS. Not sure how accurate with it I am in absolute terms but it's the same one I used for my last lights so good for comparison.

I was actually surprised at how different the results were. I switched from a 90w bar to a 90w bar plus a 45w bar. But obviously with different LEDs, spectrum, drivers etc. Position is about the same.

Essentially the PAR was pretty much doubled everywhere. With the previous one it went from around 200 just below the surface, to between 50-90 on the different rocks to 40 on the sand.

With the Lightbars I'm measuring 400 just below the surface, to between 80-140 on the different rocks to 80 on the sand.

The remarkable thing though is that the last one was measured at 100% on all channels, whereas the Lightbars were at 100% of my set program (adapted from @Lasse). So that's a real difference.

So thanks again to @Lasse and @Ditto for your help, and of course to @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA.

I would still like to know how the clouds and rainy days actually implement though...

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - great to hear!! I do like mine I believe the spread is even throughout the tank my coral respond very well to them and my clams love the led.

The customization on the channels, and easy effect programming like moon, storms and clouded is really easy.

I am now going to try to tie my pumps to the P4 so to try storm effects, and high and low tide.

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - great to hear!! I do like mine I believe the spread is even throughout the tank my coral respond very well to them and my clams love the led.

The customization on the channels, and easy effect programming like moon, storms and clouded is really easy.

I am now going to try to tie my pumps to the P4 so to try storm effects, and high and low tide.

Yes indeed. One thing I noticed this morning is that there are spots of Coraline starting to form in a bunch of different areas. That was something that was oddly lacking before and made algae control harder.

I'll be very interested to see how you set up tidal effects with the P4. That kind of natural simulation is something I'm keen to explore.

I've seen enough great tanks on here to know that it is not a requirement, but it is definitely one of the areas that I'm keen to explore.

The recent coral spawning experiments we've been seeing reinforce what we've seen in nature. Tying together light, moonlight, flow, and temperature and varying them all to mimic natural patterns can lead to great things. And is just fascinating!

The ability to use the Seasonal Table as a programming input is the one thing that I've seen that Apex has that GHL doesn't (as far as I can figure out).

The fact that there is the seasonal lighting effect makes me think that it should be possible though.

If we could leverage that (and tie things to the moon phases) we could vary tides to follow the moon, add seasons to the rain/cloud settings, and tie temp control into it all as well.

Cheers, Tony

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back