Mitras LX-7206 Moon Simulation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I need some help. I can pretty much figure things out for myself, I've done a bunch of PL programming, but this Moon Simulation has beat me like a red headed step child!
I have (2) LX-7206, I have them set up (not over tank yet) as Parent/Child. I loaded @Vinny@GHLUSA 's Light Composer Project. It starts (0%) at 11:00am, then ends (0%) at 11:00pm. I have the Blue Channel set to "Depends on Moon Phase". Now do I need to set a time from 11:00pm until 6:00am (that's the time the moon simulation is set for) with a Brightness of say 25% for example?
If so, when I try, I get a conflict error.
I've search but haven't found a clear answer.
Does anyone have a link to a video showing how to do this?
If not, how do I do this?

One other thing I'd like to mention, in GCC in the Simulation tab, both adjustments, Basic & Advance, are grayed out. Is this normal? Any way to adjust these? (screen shot to follow later)

1595589544098.png

1595589576637.png

1595590011812.png

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok getting closer, but still a ton of issues. One being there is little documentation on how to set this up, and what there is of it doesn't have much in the way of in-depth details. No explanation of Basic vs Advance. A video on this set up would be nice, or at least a detailed how-to.
I have the Royal Blue channel set up for use as moon light, but as you can see from the screen shots below, there are differences between the P4 programming and the Mitras dashboards.
All programming was done with GCC with Light Composer, logging into both the P4 and Mitras's.
Note: In these side by side comparison pics, the P4 is on the left, Mitras on the right.
1596023321530.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show the illumination channels for both the P4 and the LX, specifically the one that showing the difference.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show the illumination channels for both the P4 and the LX, specifically the one that showing the difference.
Ditto, I was going to include that pic, but didn't since the LX'x are slaves to the P4, and the lighting schedule is held on the P4. So they show as being different. Didn't want any confusion.
This is channel 2 on the P4. The lighting schedule was done with GCC & Light Composer.
1596045436080.png

These two are channel 2 on the LX's. Even though it's different it follows the P4.
Note: split to get the entire schedule in.
1596045666175.png

Bottom half of schedule
1596045716681.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this a graphical interface bug and not a functionality bug but I would put a ticket in to confirm. The app is reading the LX config that stored on the device when your connected to it. While the app is connected the P4 it reading the config on the P4. Technically you should only be reading the configuration on the P4 since it the device that controlling the lights.

But a question I would ask if you save the composer file on the P4 because it controlling the lights does it pass that configuration file to the lights? Or does it just store it on the P4 since it controlling the lights?

Can you provide screen shots of the channels on the lx device. I think your going to see that your light composer settings are not applied to the light? I could be wrong..

@Vinny@GHLUSA any ideas?

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this a graphical interface bug and not a functionality bug but I would put a ticket in to confirm. The app is reading the LX config that stored on the device when your connected to it. The app showing the LX was reading the config that is stored in the P4. If you compare the P4 to the LX config, you will see the P4 has the channel set to 1% whereas the LX didn't. While the app is connected the P4 it reading the config on the P4. Technically you should only be reading the configuration on the P4 since it the device that controlling the lights. Yes while this is true, the P4 config is showing 1% while the app showing the P4 is showing 0%. That's what's confusing. P4 config 1% app 0%; LX config 0% app 1%.

But a question I would ask if you save the composer file on the P4 because it controlling the lights does it pass that configuration file to the lights? Or does it just store it on the P4 since it controlling the lights? I logged into each light via GCC, and I cleared the project that was loaded, and confirmed all channels had zero data points. I loaded up a different project using GCC/Light Composer to the P4, sent it to the LX's, then confirmed the channels on the LX's are still empty and the LX's are following the P4 correctly. So in slave mode, it doesn't matter what's on the LX's only what on the P4.

Can you provide screen shots of the channels on the lx device. I think your going to see that your light composer settings are not applied to the light? I could be wrong.. As stated above, yes this is correct. Sorry no screen shots, as I cleared all dat points for both LX's.

@Vinny@GHLUSA any ideas?
Hi Ditto,
Yes I also think it could be contributed to graphical error. But, please see my comments.
So for now, I running Vinny's light project without moon lights. I still need to figure out how to get this working properly.
The documentation on how to do this might as well be non-existent.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back